• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

P5 Commissioners talking to each other about no fall football UPDATE: Could B1G Still Be Played?

Budesonide works 100% against covid-19. So why are people so worried. I would say listening to the cdc is very stupid. Dr fauci even said that masks do not work but they are still being used. just do your own research.

Nothing is 100%.

Problem is, budesonide inhaler is $200, and has to be used early. Budesonide for nebulizer is cheaper, but who has a nebulizer handy? Next thing you know, there will be a nebulizer shortage. *facepalm*

And that, my friend, is why it is called a pandemic. The US totally botched it and now it’s full blown. Now, everyone gets to deal with it, life and sports and everything around it.

Even the retired had/have to deal with it. I lost close to 200k with the stock market plummeting. Thankfully, a good portion has come back. I dont live paycheck to paycheck. I feel blessed to be in that situation, but it sure as hell has effected me, and most, in one way or another.

Sorry, and this isn't directed towards you, but I don't really want to hear about "sacrifice" and "all pulling together" from someone that doesn't have to go out and provide for their family. Far too many people have lost their jobs, their businesses, their homes, and that just gets "poo pooed" by a few on here.
Again, this is about much more than football. And it appears nobody will be given the opportunity to show it can be done, simply because of the unilateral decisions of a few.

Fools, ever last one of them. I have been to Sturgis many times during the bike rally. I can tell you the for a fact that the majority of people who attend are not your average intellectuals. Most have an axe to grind with society, gang types, etc. It is their way to show how ridiculous they can be in their effort to make a statement.

We will see in two weeks if there is a surge. there should be, depending on how many mask up. Rugged individuals don't mask up.

Fools, ever last one of them. I have been to Sturgis many times during the bike rally. I can tell you the for a fact that the majority of people who attend are not your average intellectuals. Most have an axe to grind with society, gang types, etc. It is their way to show how ridiculous they can be in their effort to make a statement.
I’ve never been but I’ve seen it on tv. Just not real good sense to me, but to each their own. That’s why we have the problems we have. And it will = no football. And that, sucks.

And that, my friend, is why it is called a pandemic. The US totally botched it and now it’s full blown. Now, everyone gets to deal with it, life and sports and everything around it.

And, an important question -- botched it compared to what relevant reference country? Outside of the Pac-Rim countries who likely have greater T Cell immunity our per capita numbers are reasonably good (especially when comparing everything outside of NY and NJ). And cases don't count. We KNOW that Belgium and Italy and France had far more cases than they were able to count. We're just ahead of testing now so cases look like they go up.

I suspect that in a week or so we'll be back under the CDC's epidemic threshold as the virus goes through our other geographic areas

Last edited:
No they aren't in the same damn boat. There are some that have the luxury of being retired and not having to worry about finances, and just shrug off any and all financial considerations and worries. There are a few of them on here. It's damn easy to say that when you have the expendables out there making sure these people have their groceries.
This is about much more than just football. And most people here know that.

Huh? If you've done whatever you've done to earn the right to be retired, then that's your reward for doing something right. Are you mad that Bezos and Musk are billionaires too? My parents are mid 80s and retired after working all the way to 3 years ago. Shame on them for staying home and not seeing their grandkids huh

Maybe the Sturgis City Council would like a strongly worded letter.

And, an important question -- botched it compared to what relevant reference country? Outside of the Pac-Rim countries who likely have T Cell immunity our per capita numbers are reasonably good (especially when comparing everything outside of NY and NJ). And cases don't count. We KNOW that Belgium and Italy and France had far more cases than they were able to count. We're just ahead of testing now so cases look like they go up.

I suspect that in a week or so we'll be back under the CDC's epidemic threshold as the virus goes through our other geographic areas
We shall see. I just go by what I see. Pretty evident this country screwed up.

Huh? If you've done whatever you've done to earn the right to be retired, then that's your reward for doing something right. Are you mad that Bezos and Musk are billionaires too? My parents are mid 80s and retired after working all the way to 3 years ago. Shame on them for staying home and not seeing their grandkids huh

No, you misunderstood. I don't begrudge anyone for their wealth. I do have a problem with someone that can stay at home lecturing everyone else that we need to be shutdown, and calling people selfish for worrying about their finances.

The virus is not a "so called Virus." It is real and it is here. And yes, if we all pull in the same direction with regards to the instructions of the science and experts, we can over come the pandemic.
[/QUOTE]

You're right, and it has a mortality rate of less than .5%. That means 99.5% of the time when you get it, you walk away alive. I don't know about you, but when I got a 99.5% score on a math test in high school, I felt pretty good about myself. That is the reason for my quotes. Don't be controlled by fear. One of Satan's greatest tricks is creating situations where men are controlled by fear, and they take their eyes off of God. I'm not trying to turn this forum into a sermon, but someone has to acknowledge that mountain we are building on this subject, has lasting consequences that in some ways cannot be undone.

The pussification of America is now com-plete!

emperor-palpatine-1555323736.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back