• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Confirmed: , B1G. Going To A 10 Game Conference Schedule in 2020;

That seems unlikely. My bet is that they'll try to limit travel as much as possible. And the current Big Ten schedules may be completely altered for that to happen.

I think you’re correct, if they go this route. There’s nothing that ties the B1G to the current 2020 schedule. I would expect us to play our division of course, but the crossover opponents may be changed.

I would still like to see the possibility of scheduling a non-con opponent or two, like Iowa State and Kansas, a program in close range. I doubt it will happen but that would be cool if we can’t play our scheduled non con opponent.

Somehow I think what's likely to happen is different than this. But as long as there's husker football of some kind I'll survive.

If at some point they announce none at all and nobody hears from me for a week, ask the police to do a wellness check. And tell them to bring the jaws of life to remove the TV from my head.

I was really hoping we would play some kind of regional schedule this year, ala the Big 8 + a few other regional teams.

It's not clear that all B1G teams will participate. Reddit was speculating that Northwestern, Rutgers, and maybe Michigan will opt out this year. Still a couple weeks left to make a decision, but I think the Huskers will play a 10-game season (and possibly 1 nonconference exhibition against someone like Kearney, or maybe we retain SDSU?), and it's going to be a lot of fun, and nobody at the end of the day will asterisk this season or think it was a bust, even if we lose noncon/CCGs/Bowls/Playoffs.
Please...let’s not play Kearney.

You think navigating through all of this is going to go off smoothly? It hasn’t yet....
And it’s all very fluid.
No, but it is better than the alternative. They got a lot of smart people that will be working on this and hopefully something, anything comes to fruition.
Maybe I am being selfish, but I need college football, the players need it, the country needs it.

Half of the reason why this country is burning is because everyone is bored and needs something to do.

Sorry that’s the way I feel

No, but it is better than the alternative. They got a lot of smart people that will be working on this and hopefully something, anything comes to fruition.
Maybe I am being selfish, but I need college football, the players need it, the country needs it.

Half of the reason why this country is burning is because everyone is bored and needs something to do.

Sorry that’s the way I feel
I hear you.
I just think it’s such a cluster basically because you have so many people with different views, education, agendas etc...
I can’t imagine trying to come up with a plan for all this, given the crazy environment we are experiencing on so many levels.
Definitely weird times.

It seems each school and/or state will have to decide whether they play. With New York’s policy on quarantine from other states Rutgers could only play a handful of schools, if any at all. Michigan And Illinois governors may decide to ban competition whereas Ricketts would not. The situation is so fluid it may make sense to have contingencies in place and not rely on conference partners. Plan for regular schedule now. But if schools in Big 10 can’t play due to state orders, a team like Nebraska may be calling teams a few weeks in advance to schedule games. Substitute Northwestern with Kansas State. Rutgers with Wyoming etc. If Penn State plays 3 games and then they shut down due to cases, Nebraska finds alternate team to play. May be more of an exhibition type year as probably not playoffs unless the cases go down.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back