• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Confirmed: , B1G. Going To A 10 Game Conference Schedule in 2020;

How will Rutgers justify playing football games when their students aren’t on campus because of the virus? If they play you could make a case that they are employees and should be paid.

How will Rutgers justify playing football games when their students aren’t on campus because of the virus? If they play you could make a case that they are employees and should be paid.

It will be tough as will playing in the fall.

It's not clear that all B1G teams will participate. Reddit was speculating that Northwestern, Rutgers, and maybe Michigan will opt out this year. Still a couple weeks left to make a decision, but I think the Huskers will play a 10-game season (and possibly 1 nonconference exhibition against someone like Kearney, or maybe we retain SDSU?), and it's going to be a lot of fun, and nobody at the end of the day will asterisk this season or think it was a bust, even if we lose noncon/CCGs/Bowls/Playoffs.

We better not get Michigan as our 10th conference opponent, but that would be a total B1G thing to do. The other options are Indiana, Maryland, and Sparty.

Given the current state of the program, what is a successul season for NU if we play a 10-game, all B1G schedule? 6-4? 5-5?
Md at MD please. Another game in my county would be good.

This is probably the best case scenario.

Of course, it's based on one unnamed source before an official meeting has even happened.

I imagine they'll start with some plan like this but knowing the plans could change at any point.

I am of the mind Spring will be what we see for a season but have to have to something to hang onto

The Ivy League doesn't necessarily have the resources (not just financial, but logistical) to make football work this fall, and they have arguably zero incentive to play. The B1G has different incentives and resources, and I think it's likely football proceeds this fall.

The Ivy League doesn't necessarily have the resources (not just financial, but logistical) to make football work this fall, and they have arguably zero incentive to play. The B1G has different incentives and resources, and I think it's likely football proceeds this fall.

Money and incentives may not be enough in the end this fall

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back