• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost on football this fall

The shock effect of COVID-19 diagnosis is indeed starting to wear off. My kids know multiple people now who have it. None of them are particularly sick. They are just waiting out their 14 days. My kids will get it, too. And then strep again, then ear infections, then flu, then bronchitis, then the cold...

I hope that's the case. One of my concerns is if there are other factors at play we don't yet know about or know enough about. How do we know there won't be long term organ damage or other permanent effects from this virus? At this point we don't know.

The shock effect of COVID-19 diagnosis is indeed starting to wear off. My kids know multiple people now who have it. None of them are particularly sick. They are just waiting out their 14 days. My kids will get it, too. And then strep again, then ear infections, then flu, then bronchitis, then the cold...

My kid (23 yo now) was a walking sickness when he was young in and out of the daycare he went to. How is it possible that this thing isn't being transmitted there in clusters? So many parents dropping off their kids, back and forth, at home, out in public, etc. These places are rife with sickness.....and yet I've never heard a single story about day cares having issues. Now, maybe some are closed and that obviously would help the issue, but I haven't noticed any closed yet.

For Frost's sake I seriously pray that no one associated with the team gets seriously ill or hospitalized (or worse).

I believe he has the right perspective but he may not survive the media onslaught if something serious were to happen.

For Frost's sake I seriously pray that no one associated with the team gets seriously ill or hospitalized (or worse).

I believe he has the right perspective but he may not survive the media onslaught if something serious were to happen.
Pal if 9-15 survived he is either invincible or immune

Pal if 9-15 survived he is either invincible or immune
I really believe the faction that cares about 9-15 is different then the faction that cares about isolating from the COVID. There will be whack-a-doodles come out of every corner of the nation that will condemn SF if a player gets seriously ill. It would be like wearing a MAGA hat to the DNC in Milwaukee.

I hope that's the case. One of my concerns is if there are other factors at play we don't yet know about or know enough about. How do we know there won't be long term organ damage or other permanent effects from this virus? At this point we don't know.

All true. Not really much we can do except wear masks to delay catching it for a bit, and wait for a potential vaccine.

The odds of “or worse” are far longer than Frost’s Huskers winning the national championship this year. Flu is significantly more lethal to 20-somethings than COVID. Vaccine or not, COVID is here to stay. We can pare back living and wait until “when”, or we can resume our lives.

Last edited:
The odds of “or worse” are far longer than Frost’s Huskers winning the national championship this year. Flu is far more lethal to 20-somethings than COVID. Vaccine or not, COVID is here to stay. We can pare back living and wait until “when”, or we can resume our lives.
In general I am with you on this ... but whether it is at NU or Tennessee or Clemson ... some 20-year old athlete is invariably going to get seriously sick because of COVID ... the "odds" of that happening are good:

... In fact, the rate of hospitalization for people who test positive for the coronavirus in their 20s is under 4%, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...

That means ... some athlete somewhere is going to contract COVID and get seriously ill. If that happens does that mean football SHOULD close down .. probably not, but could it or will it shut down? Probably yes.

Last edited:

In general I am with you on this ... but whether it is at NU or Tennessee or Clemson ... some 20-year old athlete is invariably going to get seriously sick because of COVID ... the "odds" of that happening are good:

That means ... some athlete somewhere is going to contract COVID and getting seriously ill. If that happens does that mean football SHOULD close down .. probably not, but could it or will it shut down? Probably yes.

The point made though, is that shutting down football or other sports or colleges isn’t going to stop teens and 20 somethings from getting the virus. These kids aren’t staying home now. They’re gathering in large groups on the regular. They’re at packed bars and house parties routinely.

A college athlete has more adult oversight than the average youngster. They also have additional motivation to limit their risk of contracting the virus. That is the opportunity to play on game day. The public will need to be educated on the reality of this situation. But if it’s explained we’ll enough I think most intelligent people will get it. The ignorant will continue to do what they always do.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back