• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For the Corvette afficiondos...

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Lots of excitement about Corvette's move to a mid-engine. This is probably the most bang for the buck on the planet right now in terms of MSRP divided by HP, coming in at a very reasonable $120 per horse! (The Corvette is $60K sticker, and 500 bhp). What are you Corvette followers' opinions on this dramatic departure from the front engine Vettes of the past?

I found this interesting article - apparently orders for the C8 are enthusiastic. Due to a myriad of production issues this year, it looks like production for 2020 models will be quite limited, but 2021s is where GM should hit its stride.

Last edited:

Lots of excitement about Corvette's move to a mid-engine. This is probably the most bang for the buck on the planet right now in terms of MSRP divided by HP, coming in at a very reasonable $120 per horse! (The Corvette is $60K sticker, and 500 bhp). What are you Corvette followers' opinions on this dramatic departure from the front engine Vettes of the past?

I found this interesting article - apparently orders for the C8 are enthusiastic. Due to a myriad of production issues this year, it looks like production for 2020 models will be quite limited, but 2021s is where GM should hit its stride.

I own a 2015 Vette. Very nice ride. I will wait a year to see how the new version pans out and what troubles are revield in the mid engine version. I have a couple of friends who have ordered the new C8. Hopefully, I can bum a ride to see how it drives.

I own a 2015 Vette. Very nice ride. I will wait a year to see how the new version pans out and what troubles are revield in the mid engine version. I have a couple of friends who have ordered the new C8. Hopefully, I can bum a ride to see how it drives.

can you post a photo of your vette?

can you post a photo of your vette?
My Vette in its nest. (Yes, this is my garage!)
11907200_1163101913705003_6880329565170348307_o.jpg

Last edited:

My Vette in its nest. (Yes, this is my garage!)
View attachment 45728

That's really good! Ultimate man cave and I'm officially jealous. :thumbsup: Can you shed some light on your garage floor? Is that racedeck, or just vinyl peel and stick, or what? I am building a new, single garage (12X22) for my latest acquisition, but I am not sure what to do about the floor. I've done the Rustoleum epoxy before and it was basically a major fail.

As a side note, if you had you a Porsche 550 next to your James Dean you'd be all set! :Banana:

1592582455684.png

Last edited:
WTH - I had "In The Garage" (Omaha based man-cave specialty store) put in their Slide-Lok ployurea flooring system in my garage 10 years ago and it has held up amazingly well. Good stuff.

Goal-line, fantastic Vet, even better garage!

WTH - I had "In The Garage" (Omaha based man-cave specialty store) put in their Slide-Lok ployurea flooring system in my garage 10 years ago and it has held up amazingly well. Good stuff.

Edge can you post pics of your garage floor ?

That's really good! Ultimate man cave and I'm officially jealous. :thumbsup: Can you shed some light on your garage floor? Is that racedeck, or just vinyl peel and stick, or what? I am building a new, single garage (12X22) for my latest acquisition, but I am not sure what to do about the floor. I've done the Rustoleum epoxy before and it was basically a major fail.

As a side note, if you had you a Porsche 550 next to your James Dean you'd be all set! :Banana:

View attachment 45767
I bought the vinyl stick on tiles at Home Depot on sale for 33 cents each many years ago. Don’t know if it is still available. Bought all they had in stock at the time. As for the rest of the items, bar, lights, etc. I built myself. Restored the 1957 coke machine and the 1940 Wayne gas pump my self. Bought the 1948 juke box from a guy going through a Divorce. The pin ball machine I found at a garage sale, 1947 Kilroy model. The paintings on the walls are mostly painted by myself.

Last edited:

View attachment 45767

12x22 garage will not be large enough.

Pics?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back