• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knob Creek - excellent down stream choice.

Bulleit, also....
Agreed! Those are all good choices in my experience, which is fairly limited. The Bulleit bourbon and rye are both decent for low cost options, but there are a "poop" ton of low cost options that are alright. Heck, I like Wild Turkey 101 for general consumption sometimes.

Sorry if I was misleading. It was "lost" or broken during shipping, apparently.

Last edited:

Thank you. Very informative. I've actually been able to experience some of the differences in whiskies among the different regions of Scotland over the past year or two. I've tried both Laphroaig and Ardbeg. I remember liking Ardbeg slightly better, but neither was great to me. Too peaty/smoky for my tastes. The only Johnnie Walker I've had is the Gold. I liked it. I had an inexpensive Trader Joe's scotch that was surprisingly good. I don't think I've had a Highland single malt that I didn't like -- yet. I liked Monkey Shoulder for a blend. I've disliked others. I'll keep tasting. I was glad to see the Glenmorangie 10 you recommended was around $40, which doesn't seem too bad compared to some. I'll give it a try sometime, but I'll wait until my Aberlour is gone. :thumbsup:

Laphroaig is like being dragged through a bonfire with your mouth open. Man, that's intense.

Last edited:

I saw both of these recommendations this past weekend, and I almost pulled the trigger on either one, but I considered the Glenmorangie 10 ($39.99 vs. $60) the most due to the price. I decided to wait until I was out of either the Aberlour or the Knob Creek that I currently have. All in good time.

I have recently adopted a similar policy regarding liquor purchases.

Apparently being flush with good bourbon is not a good idea for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back