• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Deshawn Woods - 2022 Offensive Tackle - Omaha Central

Oline could feature a lot of local guys pretty soon. The national guys coming in sure are strong additions as well. OLine is one of the positions we seem to be recruiting well the last few years. 2020 will start to show this and future years will involve a lot more reloading than restarting. Hope this kid comes and joins in on the fun.
Even a lot of the National guys are regional. I’ve always felt we could build a solid line if we just locked down our region.

This despite numerous calls from posters that he should be playing last year. Odd that the vocal majority were not correct in their assessment.
It’s hard for any freshman lineman. I’m really excited about Piper and Juergens. They got much needed experience last year.

Great. And we are having a hard enough time beating out the likes of Iowa and Minnesota for top in-state talent.
Just gotta win. He was pretty intrigued with Iowa putting linemen in the league, and now we have the defending national champions to contend with. But this is again a situation where I harp on us having proximity in our favor. There is zero reason another head coach should be having more contact with Woods, Jackson, Dickerson, Riley or any other high level recruit. Take advantage of them being less than an hour from campus.

I get the concern ... but, I got to think LSU will take at least a small step backwards after 14 players drafted, replacing QB & RB and some staff turnover unless y’all think Pelini has found his next Dorsey or Suh.

Nebraska simply has to show some improvement & potential this year & next.

It’s just a long, long way to NSD for the ‘22 class ... far too long to get worked up about it today.

Even a lot of the National guys are regional. I’ve always felt we could build a solid line if we just locked down our region.

Agreed and that's exactly what Austin has done so far. Eight of the 11 signees/commits from the '19-'21 classes are 500-mile radius guys with Benhart (Minnesota), Banks (Texas), Piper (Nebraska), Corcoran (Kansas), Lynn (Colorado), Conn (Kansas), Prochazka (Nebraska) and Lutovsky (Iowa).

I get the concern ... but, I got to think LSU will take at least a small step backwards after 14 players drafted, replacing QB & RB and some staff turnover unless y’all think Pelini has found his next Dorsey or Suh.

Nebraska simply has to show some improvement & potential this year & next.

It’s just a long, long way to NSD for the ‘22 class ... far too long to get worked up about it today.

To be fair, a small step back for LSU is equivalent to 5-years from now for Nebraska if everything goes right for Frost. And i mean everything.

We have become Colorado. Getting raided by the big boys. :Banghead:
Our 2021 recruiting class ranking is #46 47 48, 41. We dropped from #35. Our B1G rank is #11 out of 14 (#6 in AVG rank).
I know its early but it is not looking as good as I wish we were at! :confused: :Ironn:

Last edited:

Our 2021 recruiting class ranking is #46. We dropped from #35. Our B1G rank is #11 out of 14 (#6 in AVG rank).
I know its early but it is not looking as good as I wish we were at! :confused: :Ironn:

Right now we are sitting on a small class compared to most of the schools in front of us

Same thing last year and folks were melting down then too

So with all due respect I disagree with you

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back