• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tough questions since I would be building my team and then you leave out some guys with heavy production:

Outside WR - Mo Purify
Outside WR - Stanley Morgan Jr
Slot - JD Spielman
TE - Cethan Carter

Outside WR - Brandon Reilly (need someone to take the top off the defense with what I would do offensively)
Outside WR - Quincy Enunwa or Nate Swift
Slot - Jordan Westerkamp (you could talk me into DPE here)
TE - Kyler Reed

Wandale Robinson will overtake Spielman in a couple years on this list for me.

Oh man I love me some Nate Swift, the punt return against Virginia Tech in 2008 had me fired up. Hard to argue with any of these. I also loved Kyler Reed. Being at the 2010 (I think) KSU game when we torched them on Bill Snyders birthday was a highlight of mine.

Oh man I love me some Nate Swift, the punt return against Virginia Tech in 2008 had me fired up. Hard to argue with any of these. I also loved Kyler Reed. Being at the 2010 (I think) KSU game when we torched them on Bill Snyders birthday was a highlight of mine.
Yep and he was from close to there too, he was loving it. Spiked the ball at one point I believe lol.

I've had people put Swifty in their starting lineup to me, and I can't argue it.

Oh man I love me some Nate Swift,
This, totally...was just such a fan of his play, his accomplishments. He was probably overrated too, though, huh, cuz our passing/receiving records were even lighter then. Best to JD, whatever he does, just not against us and hopefully (though sounding unlikely) for us.

Hopefully he works things out with his health and/or whatever else was going on in his life. He seems like a good kid

As for us, we lose a veteran who played really well for us, but IMO, Robinson will be a better and more versatile player this year, but the lack of experience will hurt us at WR. On the other hand, if Lubick can't get results from the talent he has at that position, then we picked the wrong guy (and I don't think we picked the wrong guy)

How good is Spielman on a bigger level?

He doesn't have great size for the next level so he's pretty much a slot guy if he gets a shot in the NFL (I assume he'll get a shot), but has good ball skills and makes pretty tough catches in traffic and when he knows he's going to get hit. He runs good routes, IMO and seems to have a feel for getting open out of the slot in particular.

His top end speed isn't elite, but he's more quick than fast and he's very quick

He can do some return things, but isn't a great punt or kick returner.

He's not going to block (tries, but just not physically capable), and he has had a few concentration drops, but I think his hands are fine.

Seems a bit on the bubble to me. He's not clearly a drafted player, but probably later rounds. He could move up if he had a great senior year somewhere and a great combine performance, though.

Tough questions since I would be building my team and then you leave out some guys with heavy production:

Outside WR - Mo Purify
Slot - JD Spielman
TE - Cethan Carter

Outside WR - Brandon Reilly (need someone to take the top off the defense with what I would do offensively)
TE - Kyler Reed

I like most of these guys, but Irving Fryar is a must-have for me on this list, even if the positional waters are muddied by him being a wingback - he went #1 overall in the draft as an NFL WR. I also take Johnny Mitchell and Matt Herian as my top TEs.

I like most of these guys, but Irving Fryar is a must-have for me on this list, even if the positional waters are muddied by him being a wingback - he went #1 overall in the draft as an NFL WR. I also take Johnny Mitchell and Matt Herian as my top TEs.
Junior Miller should be included on any list of tight ends

Outside WR - Mo Purify
Slot - JD Spielman
TE - Cethan Carter

TE - Kyler Reed

Irving Fryar and Johnny Rodgers?

He asked me about the past 25 years (which is good for me since I would struggle to have to start figuring out Irving Fryar and Johnny Rodgers places on here). Same reasoning I didn't do Johnny Mitchell, but I thought about Matt Herian, his injury just kept him off the list for me. Would have no problem if someone had him as their top TE.

By the way, lol'ing at the screen name. Well done.

Last edited:

Exactly, in any of the systems we've run recently, Fryar would be a star and dominant player. Same with Mitchell.

He asked me about the past 25 years (which is good for me since I would struggle to have to start figuring out Irving Fryar and Johnny Rodgers places on here). Same reasoning I didn't do Johnny Mitchell, but I thought about Matt Herian, his injury just kept him off the list for me. Would have no problem if someone had him as their top TE.

By the way, lol'ing at the screen name. Well done.

LOL, I missed the 25 years thing, but thinking of Fryar probably makes me feel old when I realize that was more than 25 years ago now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back