• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he has his school work done, he can go where ever he likes. If that's his choice, his legacy at Nebraska will not be one most have a great deal of respect for.
That's not true. He can go anywhere outside of another BIG school. While he would clear the NCAA as a grad transfer, he Big 10 has their own rule 15.01.05 that says he has to sit out a year on an interconference transfer and can only get an exemption if NU agrees to it.

If he is the starter and has every opportunity to shine here. Set the school record, etc. then I would be supportive of NU blocking a move within conference. It would be an unfair advantage for a conference rival to not only get a top player that was not being restricted in any way, but to basically get access to your playback.

I see granting a waiver to someone like Jake Ruddock that lost his starting job, but this seems to be completely different.

That's not true. He can go anywhere outside of another BIG school. While he would clear the NCAA as a grad transfer, he Big 10 has their own rule 15.01.05 that says he has to sit out a year on an interconference transfer and can only get an exemption if NU agrees to it.

If he is the starter and has every opportunity to shine here. Set the school record, etc. then I would be supportive of NU blocking a move within conference. It would be an unfair advantage for a conference rival to not only get a top player that was not being restricted in any way, but to basically get access to your playback.

I see granting a waiver to someone like Jake Ruddock that lost his starting job, but this seems to be completely different.
If we are able to block a move within the conference, we should do that for any B1G team on our 2021 schedule. Anywhere else he wants to go, I wish him well.

Isn't Vedral a grad transfer also? Did we agree to the waiver in his case?

Why do people have to be like that... Seriously these guys are just pursuing a dream and we have people who are supposed to support them treating them like dirt. SMH
Why does anyone even follow players on Twitter and Instagram? I have never followed a player. I never will. They aren’t my heroes. I don’t look up to them. They really are just regular guys playing sports.

Rule does not apply to grad transfers.

I don't really like social media for that very reason.

People can now post the stupid crap that comes into their heads about an individual who has zero direct ties to them and that they know almost nothing about. I joined Facebook after years of staying away from it to see pictures of my family and keep up since they're all in other parts of the country. Unfortunately I also get to see the garbage one of my sisters posts on a daily if not hourly basis about....everything.

I don't know what the driver is for JD, or why he felt he couldn't address any issues he had in Lincoln and stay the course, but it's not for me to decide. I enjoyed watching the young man play when he was here and wish he'd come back this fall. If not, good luck wherever fate takes you, Mr. Speilman. Once a Husker, always a Husker. GBR.
Well said. He may have his underlying reasons for departing, but surely these "Husker" fans aren't helping.

Why does anyone even follow players on Twitter and Instagram? I have never followed a player. I never will. They aren’t my heroes. I don’t look up to them. They really are just regular guys playing sports.
I follow my favorite players only for the most part. On Instagram I follow people like Martinez, McCaffrey, Speilman, Wandale, etc. I like to see what they post and kind of judge morale and what not, and Speilman is the only one who you can tell isn't happy. Everyone else seems to be on board and ready to get this show on the road however

So again, every WR in school history is overrated by this logic. Wonder if the people that voted him a Freshman All-American and an All-Conference performer every single year took into account that he's at Nebraska where they don't normally "throw the ball all over the place."

Ridiculous post.
Where did I say he was overrated? I didn’t. I was simply saying that the records at that position at Nebraska are not like some other places. He’s a good, solid player IMO. Sucks to lose him if indeed that happens. Hardly ridiculous when it’s just a known fact.

Last edited:
Your post triggered another question, who would be your top 3 Husker WRs of the last say, 25 years?
Give me your top 5 WRs at Nebraska all-time ... where would JD be on that list?
Tough questions since I would be building my team and then you leave out some guys with heavy production:

Outside WR - Mo Purify
Outside WR - Stanley Morgan Jr
Slot - JD Spielman
TE - Cethan Carter

Outside WR - Brandon Reilly (need someone to take the top off the defense with what I would do offensively)
Outside WR - Quincy Enunwa or Nate Swift
Slot - Jordan Westerkamp (you could talk me into DPE here)
TE - Kyler Reed

Wandale Robinson will overtake Spielman in a couple years on this list for me.

Where did I say he was overrated? I didn’t. I was simply saying that the records at that position at Nebraska are not like some other places. He’s a good, solid player IMO. Sucks to lose him if indeed that happens. Hardly ridiculous when it’s just a known fact.
You were replying to my response to someone claiming he was overrated. If two people are having dialogue and you insert yourself, i'll assume it was in regard to the subject they were talking about.

Circling back to "records at that position at Nebraska are not like some other places" comment you made, I see you are purposely ignoring where I pointed out JD Spielman if he came back for his senior year would be #1 at Ohio State, Florida, and Texas Tech. #2 at Washington State, and #3 at Oklahoma with the numbers he's putting up. He only needs 18 yards to be #1 at Florida. So that statement is ridiculous.

"Sucks to lose him" indeed, doubt anyone ever wants to lose their best WR.

Last edited:

Big fung

Purify. Swift. Westy
I feel Spielman fits into this group. A good solid group of Wide receivers. Westerkamp and Swift always seemed to get that first down when we needed it. I always felt like Morgan and Purify could get that touchdown when needed. I would lump all of those guys and Kenny Bell together. What got me irritated yesterday was one guy basically calling me out when he’s been wrong so many times. *** and middle age ball coach can call neck out and it doesn’t bother me. The other poster just rubs me the wrong way. He’s very rude to people with different opinions. It’s all good and I s should have never said over rated. JD was a solid husker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back