• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Without football, what would you like to see on TV?

Stuck in the South

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
After channel surfing today, I joyfully (sarcasm) came upon an old Ole Miss vs Miss. state football game and thought, we've reached bottom.

So then I thought of old sporting events that tape might possibly exist (football or not) my short list, and please through some ideas out (okay, I know I can probably youtube these)
Chamberlain vs Russell games
76'ers vs Celtics in the 70's (okay, I was a Celtic fan and still can't believe Silas drained that shot).
Knicks (one legged Reed) vs Lakers.
Anything Gale Sayers
MNF with Howard and Dandy Don trading barbs

anyway, there is a lot out there

Husker football and basketball are the only sports I ever watch. Without these, I'd just watch more documentaries or how-to shows like stuff on DIY Network or Discovery.

CBS should replay an entire first two rounds of any NCAA tournament so I can sit at home and watch 12 hours of basketball for 4 days straight.

CBS should replay an entire first two rounds of any NCAA tournament so I can sit at home and watch 12 hours of basketball for 4 days straight.
The NCAA tournament that first week is the best sporting event on TV. All day basketball, one and done, upsets, watching your bracket blow up, it’s tremendous. It really doesn’t get any better.

The NCAA tournament that first week is the best sporting event on TV. All day basketball, one and done, upsets, watching your bracket blow up, it’s tremendous. It really doesn’t get any better.

Absolutely. I take off that Thursday and Friday every year. I kept hoping this year CBS and Turner Sports would see the opportunity they had by replaying a previous tournament in its entirety, but they missed the boat on that one.

I wonder if they will play that with fans in March. Pretty iffy but IT. MUST. BE. PLAYED.

It will be interesting to see who, or what, is the first event with lots of people gathering. Concert, sports, packed churches etc. who mows what, or when this will happen and how much they get railed for it when it does happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back