• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Barrett Pickering no longer Kickering for DONU

I wish Mr. Pickering good luck in all he pursues.
Maybe Sipple's column earlier this week scared him off. I doubt it though.

Sophomore scholarship kicker Barret Pickering told Lincoln TV station KOLN that he is leaving the game for "health reasons." It's not known on this point if Pickering is going on to medical scholarship, as NU has no official comment on the situation at this time.

Sophomore scholarship kicker Barret Pickering told Lincoln TV station KOLN that he is leaving the game for "health reasons." It's not known on this point if Pickering is going on to medical scholarship, as NU has no official comment on the situation at this time.

And spend more time with family?

:Sarcastic:

I am still baffled as to why the recruiting services rate kickers and punters so low. The majority of them are rated two stars or less and the majority of them are not rated at all. They are considered lower class in terms of the overall football ratings and only a hand full of them get a sniff on the national scene. However, they change momentum; decide games and are usually the most unheralded players on every team. They have as much or more of an impact as every other position on the team but the media only recognizes them when they make or miss a game-deciding kick.

Two years ago at Northwestern, Armstrong's punt was downed at the 1-yard line. Did he fail his job? Nope. There was a smattering of words by the scribes but it was generally overlooked because the defense gave up 99 yards.
If Armstrong shanks that punt and Northwestern's offense only needs to go 50 yards then the fans and media pushes more of the blame on the punter. Last year the kickers were clanking balls off the upright from 27 yards and it was a big deal in the media.

RANT OVER.

So you are saying that ST did their job exceptionally well and it still didn't influence the outcome of the game? Maybe that is why kickers and punters aren't ranked higher. :)

Well, another scholarship opens up.
Yup because even if he stays in school, he will go on Medical Scholarship. In an article I read, it says he is staying as a student. Am curious what his injury was last year, especially if it was non football related.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back