• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Darien Chase transferring

Totally understand, I wish Darien finds his peace and best of luck in the future for this young man. Acknowledging mental health struggles is a brave first step.

Wish DC well...

primary reason me likey <500 mile radius players.

The 500 mile threshold is probably a good threshold. Then again, there’s only 3 or 4 conference members that are within that threshold.

Kids want their parents to come watch them play. Parents want to go watch their kids play. Good luck with that in our conference.

Last edited:

Not sure this has much to do with the 500-mile radius.
As a parent of a college-aged child with anxiety and depression, I'm saddened to read of Darien's struggle.
However, I am so relieved to hear that he is aware of his medical condition and is seeking help and the counsel of family.
His life is FAR more important than his football career.
A sincere wish of nothing but the best for this young man.

It’s hard enough to be that far from home, but then compound it with a problem like major depression, and you’ve got real trouble. I hope he gets squared away.

Good luck in life and all your endeavors, Darien. :Smile:

Once a HUSKER always a HUSKER. :Rockon:

Last edited:
Ya after spring there will be a couple. Some guys have new coaches. Some guys want to be graduated before they make a move. And some really don't know where they sit on the depth chart.

Hopefully we're not talking about additional kids leaving the receiver room....unless it's because the light comes on for a handful of players and others slip down the depth chart.

Hopefully we're not talking about additional kids leaving the receiver room....unless it's because the light comes on for a handful of players and others slip down the depth chart.
Plenty of options of talent in that room, just none proven. If someone leaves after spring it won’t be a big deal IMO.

Last edited:

Plenty of options of talent in that room, just none proven. If someone leaves after spring it won’t be a big deal IMO.

Yeah, I thought the group looked solid, but unproven going into 2019. I don't think anyone could argue there isn't more talent in the room headed into 2020 and maybe that's one of the drivers. Betts, Brown and Manning joining that group does complicate things for the rest of the kids looking for playing time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back