• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

App for Huskermax

True Husker

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
I really wish I didn’t have to use a browser for HuskerMax. Every time I get out I have to reply back in. Are there any plans to do this?

Last edited:

There used to be an app but it was buggy and I never liked using it. For mobile I use the Ad Blocker web browser app. It eliminates the BS ads I shouldn't have to deal with when already paying for the privilege to view the site, IMO ;)
I'm not sure how you think you would have that privilege without the ads? Our paying membership cost is just a fraction of what it takes to operate a site like this. If you choose to pay to use an AD blocker to cover up the very thing that gives you the low cost that is on you......just my opinion though. ;)

I'm not sure how you think you would have that privilege without the ads? Our paying membership cost is just a fraction of what it takes to operate a site like this. If you choose to pay to use an AD blocker to cover up the very thing that gives you the low cost that is on you......just my opinion though. ;)
A vast majority of paid subscription websites and services don't subject their members to ads once they're logged in. Just the facts though.

I look at the annual cost here not so much as a cost to cover the cost of operations but a working method to keep the spammers/trash talkers out. Don't need to deal with posters that will fly in and post crap once for a few days and then never be seen again. Look at those sites that you register with zero cost and see why I participate here and not elsewhere.

Had that very experience of viewing content and posting without 'intrusive' ads while paying a subscription for over 10-12 years, then something changed. They key difference is how intrusive the ads became. What was it a year ago when we started getting prompted for paying MORE above our annual fee to not get ads? I doubt hosting fees went up enough in the previous 15 years to shut down the site or even make it non-profitable. Message boards have existed for 20-25 years without the level of intrusiveness of ads on here we get on here with a PAID subscription. Maybe it does keep a few malcontents out, but at what cost?

But the 'ad blocker free web browser' is exactly that. If it cost more than viewing ads on here I'd pay for the latter, maybe.

But the 'ad blocker free web browser' is exactly that. If it cost more than viewing ads on here I'd pay for the latter, maybe.
And if enough people choose to do add blockers Huskermax would cease to exist. We have become a nation of people who work in a government job who expect free from the business's that invest so much into trying to make a profit. The bottom line is the ads are necessary for Huskermax to exist. Bitching about them doesn't change that need. How a person presents themselves on the cost is a mirror of our world issues. Entitlment is a huge word right now.

Had that very experience of viewing content and posting without 'intrusive' ads while paying a subscription for over 10-12 years, then something changed. They key difference is how intrusive the ads became. What was it a year ago when we started getting prompted for paying MORE above our annual fee to not get ads? I doubt hosting fees went up enough in the previous 15 years to shut down the site or even make it non-profitable. Message boards have existed for 20-25 years without the level of intrusiveness of ads on here we get on here with a PAID subscription. Maybe it does keep a few malcontents out, but at what cost?
Is there a higher subscription to get rid of the ads? I heard about it, and even asked, but the link that Max sent never worked. Does ad free Huskermax exist?

And if enough people choose to do add blockers Huskermax would cease to exist. We have become a nation of people who work in a government job who expect free from the business's that invest so much into trying to make a profit. The bottom line is the ads are necessary for Huskermax to exist. Bitching about them doesn't change that need. How a person presents themselves on the cost is a mirror of our world issues. Entitlment is a huge word right now.
Ah yes, the old proclamation of 'entitlement' and then suggestions of a government impact leading to wanting things for free in opposition to unabashed capitalism? Um, no, not at all. Those arguments have nothing to do here as I have said previously. I don't expect anything for free, which is why I have paid a fee to mostly browse from 2004 to 2016 (2018?) with very few benefits from those who don't subscribe. More recently, there is the expectation of incurring additional ads, unless you desire to pay an ADDITIONAL fee to not have the additional ads. Maybe afterwards when you pay for those new intrusive ads to stop, there is a new level of intrusiveness and you need to deter those at the cost of another level of higher subscription. So there then becomes a free, paid, ultra-paid, and supreme paid subscriptions? Since I mostly browse and have not posted much since 2004, I'm one who would benefit most (financially) from letting my paid account expire because I have supported this site as more of a viewer (i.e. free subscriber) and personification of supplementation for others. Rant over :Biggrin: Still love ya'll, and GBR!

Last edited:

Ah yes, the old proclamation of 'entitlement' and then suggestions of a government impact leading to wanting things for free in opposition to unabashed capitalism? Um, no, not at all. Those arguments have nothing to do here as I have said previously. I don't expect anything for free, which is why I have paid a fee to mostly browse from 2004 to 2016 (2018?) with very few benefits from those who don't subscribe. More recently, there is the expectation of incurring additional ads, unless you desire to pay an ADDITIONAL fee to not have the additional ads. Maybe afterwards when you pay for those new intrusive ads to stop, there is a new level of intrusiveness and you need to deter those at the cost of another level of higher subscription. So there then becomes a free, paid, ultra-paid, and supreme paid subscriptions? Since I mostly browse and have not posted much since 2004, I'm one who would benefit most (financially) from letting my paid account expire because I have supported this site as more of a viewer (i.e. free subscriber) and personification of supplementation for others. Rant over :Biggrin: Still love ya'll, and GBR!
All good. I finished my rant too and quite truthfully......it wasn't against you. You happened to have the post that triggered me that day. :Cheers:

All good. I finished my rant too and quite truthfully......it wasn't against you. You happened to have the post that triggered me that day. :Cheers:
No worries! You're a good guy and I appreciate your posts on this and other topics of course. GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back