• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jimari Butler is N!

Absolutely.....but you can't teach speed and athleticism. Redshirt should be in order

That's exactly what I meant. Somebody teaches him how to use leverage, an opponents lack of speed against them AND his natural speed too his advantage and you'll have something special.

That's exactly what I meant. Somebody teaches him how to use leverage, an opponents lack of speed against them AND his natural speed too his advantage and you'll have something special.
Yep. Totally agree.
His burst, slippery ability to shed blocks, and lankiness reminds me of a young JPP. Now before the needle Richard's start claiming I stated he will be the next JPP, I'm making it clear I am not. But there is a base to build off of. What he does with it is anyone's guess.

Yep. Totally agree.
His burst, slippery ability to shed blocks, and lankiness reminds me of a young JPP. Now before the needle Richard's start claiming I stated he will be the next JPP, I'm making it clear I am not. But there is a base to build off of. What he does with it is anyone's guess.

basically you’re saying his technique lessons should involve pyrotechnics.:Corn2:

Yep. Totally agree.
Awesome! Did you get a take on his aggressiveness level and motor? I’m guessing good based on his stats. If he has that down plus the physical tools he could be very good in the future.

Last edited:
A bit of a stretch on a comparison, but Randy Gregory player both Juco Football and Basketball. He was pretty raw but turned out to be pretty good.

Davis did dramatically improve year one to two, and even still dramatically improved from game 1 to game 12 year two, unfortunately he was lacking In development his first few years in the program. This kid does appear to have a much higher ceiling and better feel for the game, here’s to hoping he can develop sooner, I know I for one am very excited about this one and he may not be one of the top 4 linebackers we get from this class :) exciting times

To me, Alex Davis helps illustrate exactly the sort of roster build that Frost is undertaking. Sure, he was playing okay the last half of the season, but that dude isn't seeing the field for a team worth a damn. Mo Barry is your No. 3 or 4 ILB on a team that's going toe to toe with the Ohio State's and Penn State's of the conference. Not leading you in tackles two straight years.

Frost is recruiting his tail off. He's on the verge of back to back top 20 classes. Give him a full roster of top 20 classes. Guys recruited to his system, developed for his scheme. They'll be alright.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back