• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Obviuosly NU is our favorite, but who is your #2??

I went to USC so I root for the Trojans as my second team. It is a rough time right now. Clay Helton is a joke. All my friends have been losing their minds since the AD announced we're keeping him.

(Cue everyone's replies saying they're so happy USC is bad right now. I don't understand why people hate USC so much.)
Did Pete Carroll sell his soul for the success of those fearsome USC teams, much like you mentioned Dr Tom might have? Hence a little karma rebalancing is in effect??? ;)

Oregon for me - my youngest is currently a freshman there and we’ve been to a couple of games. Not quite the atmosphere of other big time programs, but a pretty good time nonetheless...

I went to USC so I root for the Trojans as my second team. It is a rough time right now. Clay Helton is a joke. All my friends have been losing their minds since the AD announced we're keeping him.

(Cue everyone's replies saying they're so happy USC is bad right now. I don't understand why people hate USC so much.)
Same reason people didn’t like Nebraska that were around in the 90’s and Alabama today. People don’t like teams that they don’t care about that become dynasties. People were sick of them in the 2000’s.

Last edited:
University of Florida. I graduated from there but must admit, being form Omaha, I know how much tougher it is to recruit to Lincoln so support the scarlet and cream. Football in Nebraska is cultural.

Any underdog.

But never ever ever Miami, FSU, UF, Miami, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, and Notre Dame.

Last edited:

Navy's in the AAC now
I forgot! Well, then I don’t root for any independent schools. I don’t really have a true 2nd favorite, just teams I prefer over others. I also like AF and Army since they’re service academies, unless they’re playing Navy.

For me I like Georgia tech. When I was a kid it was their uniforms and colors. As I grew up they ran the triple option which endeared them to me. Plus they have the opportunity to beat Miami more often than we do which makes them a no brainer.

Kind of like FSU and Texas, WHY, would anybody like them at all? ;)

FSU and Texas are a million times worse than USC. Nebraska was absolutely tortured by the Seminoles and Longhorns. The only thing the Trojans ever did to Nebraska was beat Bill Callahan a couple of times. I guess they also tied us in our first national championship season, 1970, but that's not too offensive.

Harvard
Duke
Davidson

(familial connections to all three)

when I was young: LSU - Chinese Bandits/Dietzel/Billy Cannon etc.

Never: OSU (never get the small "t" from me)
Never: Our Lady

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back