• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Colorado St. hires . . . Steve Addazio? Really???

ramsker

Short...but slow
15 Year Member
Well . . . all I can do is hope this works out. But what a head-scratcher on pretty much every level. Older, career .500 coach (sound familiar?) who never won more than 7 games at BC. Maybe he'll hire some great, innovative assistants but I have a feeling it will be retreads of past mediocirty and CSU will be stuck for yet more years.

Surely there were some younger, more exciting options (Tony Alford??) and even lower-level guys with actual career winning records who would have been thrilled to coach in Ft. Collins? The fan base is not excited about this hire in the least.

Not that I pay any attention to HC's of most schools, I just don't recall having ever even hearing this dudes name before. I guess that goes to show just how much I care. You go Addazio. WOOT WOOT!!

Well . . . all I can do is hope this works out. But what a head-scratcher on pretty much every level. Older, career .500 coach (sound familiar?) who never won more than 7 games at BC. Maybe he'll hire some great, innovative assistants but I have a feeling it will be retreads of past mediocirty and CSU will be stuck for yet more years.

Surely there were some younger, more exciting options (Tony Alford??) and even lower-level guys with actual career winning records who would have been thrilled to coach in Ft. Collins? The fan base is not excited about this hire in the least.

Sounds like someone who wanted to move to Colorado for retirement...

I mean I really don't get this one... you have a guy who has spent his career in the North East. Now he is coming to Colorado where he is recruiting a totally different 500 to 1,000 mile radius?

truly a what the... kind of hire IMO.

CSU AD consulted Urban Meyer who recommended his former assistant Steve Addazio. Northeastern guy too... so should be interesting.
:Popcorn:

Last edited:

Pretty much the general reaction of the fan base.

My mom was born in Ft. Collins and I lived on the Front Range for 30 years, so I did follow the Rammie's all the way back to when Sark Arslanian was hired. They're really struggled to find their feet since the Lubick days....and this looks like a step in the wrong direction.

Sheesh.

It almost looks like they're refusing be better than CU.

My mom was born in Ft. Collins and I lived on the Front Range for 30 years, so I did follow the Rammie's all the way back to when Sark Arslanian was hired. They're really struggled to find their feet since the Lubick days....and this looks like a step in the wrong direction.

Sheesh.

It almost looks like they're refusing be better than CU.
Lubick was such a good coach and great fit for CSU. My dad is an alum so he and I still follow CSU somewhat, but not as much in recent years as they've struggled mightily.

Lubick was such a good coach and great fit for CSU. My dad is an alum so he and I still follow CSU somewhat, but not as much in recent years as they've struggled mightily.

And he was a great guy. I was in Colorado for most of his tenure and got to meet him at several camps. One of the better human beings to ever wear a coaches whistle.

Kinda like the Riley hire

Except it’s a little less shocking for a program like CSU, IMO.

They’ve had one really good coach and a few good years from others, but overall pretty bad football. What does puzzle me is that they’ve got a new stadium, decent support facilities and good regional fan support. I’d think you could have gotten a somewhat desirable up and comer, but maybe not.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back