• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska’s Adjusted Recruiting Class Rankings

Not to go down this rabbit hole again but on your exercise, where did Michigan and Ohio State fair on all three of those years? I'm curious as to if this is normal to have this loss of talent in three consecutive recruiting classes.
It doesn't matter.

EDIT: In case anyone still thinks it does... Michigan ended up dead last in the 2015 class in the B1G with attrition and 124th nationally.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter.

EDIT: In case anyone still thinks it does... Michigan ended up dead last in the 2015 class in the B1G with attrition and 124th nationally.

One class doesn't move the needle a huge amount if all the other classes are good enough to overcome those mistakes. Michigan has been pretty stable and able to overcome that one bad year. Not that i'm defending the process, but i do think losing multiple, highly talented players impacts a team....any team. And in some circumstances it could impact some teams more than others.

Maybe we should find out where all of those players went & see if those schools shot up in the rankings. 'Cause I'm sure they didn't lose any players and had 40 player classes.

One class doesn't move the needle a huge amount if all the other classes are good enough to overcome those mistakes. Michigan has been pretty stable and able to overcome that one bad year. Not that i'm defending the process, but i do think losing multiple, highly talented players impacts a team....any team. And in some circumstances it could impact some teams more than others.
Thus why who's still on your team should be the metric.... for convenience i'll link the same link i've been posting since this entire conspiracy theory has been thrown out:

Maybe we should find out where all of those players went & see if those schools shot up in the rankings. 'Cause I'm sure they didn't lose any players and had 40 player classes.
Great point Gene... did our attrition count Darrion Daniels coming our way who was a 5.9 four star? I think you know the answer.

Lmao someone is putting in work to make
An excuse for frost.

Though I disagree with premise it has nothing to do with making an excuse for Frost.

We are more than likely going to finish in the Top 20 again anyway so no excuse needed.

Image result for yet here we are gif

Yep. It’s where we are. The only value of the exercise is to raise questions regarding whether our recruiting class ranking really are better than our B1G competition, or whether it’s an illusion. If pointing out that a top 20 class that loses 10 of its players really isn’t a top 20 class is not a legitimate exercise, then reference to class rankings is itself meaningless.

Some people are more open to the intellectual exercise than others. I personally don’t think these ratings mean much to begin with. I can tell whether we have talent comparable to the we are playing by watching the game.

I agree that looking at the players on the team and their performance on the field is a better measure of our talent level. As an example, our WR’s were athletic and talented enough to block on the swing passes against Maryland. But they were not able to block for the same play against Iowa. Yet, overall, they stayed in the game and had their chance to win. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
And I think the staff would even tell you that. It's all good, we will get where we want, but don't tell me we had worse talent than Indiana, Purdue, or Colorado.

Honestly i'm not sure how many people are saying that is the case. What i think people are saying is a bunch of NU's recent recruiting class talent is not still at NU.

Thus why who's still on your team should be the metric.... for convenience i'll link the same link i've been posting since this entire conspiracy theory has been thrown out:

Curious, does this only use the two deep or the whole roster? I think a two-deep composite would be a great way to explain where the team is this year though it would be more difficult due to injuries.

Last edited:

Curious, does this only use the two deep or the whole roster? I think a two-deep composite would be a great way to explain where the team is this year though it would be more difficult due to injuries.
Entire roster. For example, we have more four stars redshirting than Minnesota, Indiana, or Purdue have on their entire roster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back