• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

in my opinion, this quote tells all we need to know about the coaching

winnerwinner

Recruit
5 Year Member
Scott Frost during his halftime interview on Husker Sports Network: "...We're going to be a little less cute and see if we can go win a game."

Frost reminds me of the bad guy in movies who just talks instead of finishing off the good guy.
just too arrogant.

"Adrian Martinez has the potential to be the best QB to ever come through here" was the quote I believe by Frost?

His ego is getting in the way and it appears he will never admit that maybe he's not going to be that player.

He will play him to the end......imo.

I think Osborne May have made that comment. And who knows, before it’s over, AM might live up to that hype. I think there a few things helping prevent AM from reaching his potential.

1). He is not a true dual threat guy. He can run if he has a big hole, but he isn’t going to make anyone miss.
2). The O-line still can’t protect him very well or consistently.
3). There aren’t enough weapons for AM to throw to in the time the line typically gives him,
4). He may be “over coached”. As a freshman, he was more apt to play on his instincts. Now, he seems to be running calculus problems through his head. He is not an ideal QB for a team trying to rebuild. He would be better in an already established offense that he could be plugged into.

When I took a bar exam prep course, they told us there are three levels of learning. The first is you know enough to proceed with great confidence. Level two is where you realize how much there is you didn’t know, and now you’re confused. The third level is true understanding and mastery.

AM may be currently stuck at level two.

Scott Frost during his halftime interview on Husker Sports Network: "...We're going to be a little less cute and see if we can go win a game."

Frost reminds me of the bad guy in movies who just talks instead of finishing off the good guy.
just too arrogant.

And then after Iowa shanks a punt that starts the Huskers at the 37 yard line he gets extra cute and we lose 6 yards in 2 plays

When I was 20 I thought I knew everything. When I hit sixty I questioned if I knew anything. Frost will get there just like many others. For the wise it becomes a virtue rather than a foible. Some call it humility. No one's born with it. It's earned the hard way. Right where he's at today. Some think they can assist the process by adding to the weight. It won't make any difference to someone heading the right direction anyway. I'm betting Frost is that kind of person. Give him the space and time just like Osborne. The payoff will be there.

"Adrian Martinez has the potential to be the best QB to ever come through here" was the quote I believe by Frost?

His ego is getting in the way and it appears he will never admit that maybe he's not going to be that player.

He will play him to the end......imo.
Unfortunately, you are correct. He is locked on to AM.

just too arrogant.
He made that comment at halftime?

And then the team went out and came back from a 14-point deficit to tie the game until 1 second remained?

Against a top 20 team?

What an arrogant pos.

Unfortunately, you are correct. He is locked on to AM.
McCaffrey came in and threw the most perfect pass for a TD we've seen all season, and then he was yanked and replaced by the boy wonder who can't run or throw to save his soul at this point. If I were McCaffrey I'd transfer. Frost passed on Burrow when he entered the transfer portal and won't play the better QB, so why should any QB not named Martinez stick it out?

McCaffrey came in and threw the most perfect pass for a TD we've seen all season, and then he was yanked and replaced by the boy wonder who can't run or throw to save his soul at this point. If I were McCaffrey I'd transfer. Frost passed on Burrow when he entered the transfer portal and won't play the better QB, so why should any QB not named Martinez stick it out?

Yessir...agree

Bizarre marriage..... Frost/Martinez.

How Frost handles this situation going forward will be interesting to say the least. Small sample size, but LM appears to be better than AM... but thats just my opinion.

McCaffrey had a package of plays designed for him. He was able to throw that pass to a wide open receiver because the film on him showed that he would run that QB sweep almost exclusively. Frost did an outstanding job of designing that play.

McCaffrey will likely be a good QB, but there is still a lot we don't know about him. That makes it easy to like him, but we haven't seen him run the whole offense.

I'm sure we'll have a nice battle throughout the offseason. It's nice to have multiple capable QBs. Nice job by Frost and Verduzco.

McCaffrey had a package of plays designed for him. He was able to throw that pass to a wide open receiver because the film on him showed that he would run that QB sweep almost exclusively. Frost did an outstanding job of designing that play.

McCaffrey will likely be a good QB, but there is still a lot we don't know about him. That makes it easy to like him, but we haven't seen him run the whole offense.

I'm sure we'll have a nice battle throughout the offseason. It's nice to have multiple capable QBs. Nice job by Frost and Verduzco.

Don’t discredit being able to hit a receiver because he’s wide open. It’s something that Adrian Martinez fails to do time and time again.

When I took a bar exam prep course, they told us there are three levels of learning. The first is you know enough to proceed with great confidence. Level two is where you realize how much there is you didn’t know, and now you’re confused. The third level is true understanding and mastery.

AM may be currently stuck at level two.
LOL, reminds me of what one of my coaches once told me. He said there were 3 kinds of people:
-those that know what's happening (Vedral);
-those that make things happen (McCaffery); and
-those that say "Wha happened?"

This year it seems AM slipped from category 2 to category 3 (or maybe 1).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back