• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Narrative of this season

So, if SF says the team needs more weapons and more good players, he is sending a bad message to his team that they aren't good enough. But, he was supposed to say in August, "we aren't quite as good as people are saying, we may not win 6 games"?? This thought process is the absolute perfect example of why NU fans just can't be pleased with most anything except perfection.
I don't need perfection... just want an honest assessment of the situation. That may have made this season a little less disasterous in the eyes of the college football world.

I respectfully disagree about the staff being caught up in the press clippings. Why?

Because no coach is going to publicly state that winning 6 games is acceptable...regardless of what they really think. Frost HAD TO SCOFF at Moos's assertions despite the fact he was right all along. Scott has been a winner all his life. It is in his DNA to expect more regardless of the situation. I think folks are really reaching for reasons to be pissed at Scott. Much like him not shaving, this is not one of them.
I agree that he is a winner and will eventually win here. But this season has been a train wreck... no getting around it. He needs to make a few adjustments to his program this off-season... starting with the defense.

It’s a crap shoot. The team is on a losing skid. Any win is good, but they have to see that they can. Nothing is certain. None of us have been able to say that in years as far as winning football games goes.
It's like up to Tonkawa, huh? Down to Canton? Choctaw, Deuces Wild? OK now we're putting it in terms I can understand...

Last edited:
I agree that he is a winner and will eventually win here. But this season has been a train wreck... no getting around it. He needs to make a few adjustments to his program this off-season... starting with the defense.
I wholeheartedly agree that there have been several mistakes along the way and it's on Scott to make things right. I also think there is a myriad of reasons why they have struggled and although the defense has been sub-par, I can point to several games where the offense was as much, if not more responsible for the losses we've had. So I don't think it necessarily starts with the defense. An ENTIRE evaluation of football operations is required and when they run their end of season SWOT analysis, it ain't going to be pretty.

Needless to say, this off-season will be very interesting.

I don't need perfection... just want an honest assessment of the situation. That may have made this season a little less disasterous in the eyes of the college football world.
Frost has said many times he never thought his UCF team would go undefeated that year. If you ask me, it sounds like this guy has had many instances of bad assesments :Rolf:

Last edited:
They deserve the hate?? No. They don't.

Hate is probably a little strong. But Frost and Company deserve to be brought to task a little bit. Frost was all in at the beginning of the season. We are better a most positions type of talk. He was either delusional or just trying to pump up his team. He didn't deliver on what he was preaching. It much easier to exceed lower expectations than meet super high ones.

He didn't deliver what he promised.

But really, is the head coach's job to make the college football world aware of what his team is capable of, or to do the best he can for his team? If you think all coaches give an honest assessment of every (or any) situation, you probably need to be more critical in your interpretation of all coach comments.

Hate is probably a little strong. But Frost and Company deserve to be brought to task a little bit. Frost was all in at the beginning of the season. We are better a most positions type of talk. He was either delusional or just trying to pump up his team. He didn't deliver on what he was preaching. It much easier to exceed lower expectations than meet super high ones.

I think Frost may have underestimated the competition a little too. Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio State and even Wisconsin are head and shoulders better than they were last year

That's what I want out of my leaders, undersell and overdeliver

What exactly did he promise? I don't recall him promising a winning season, West Division Championship, B1G 10 Championship, bowl game or bowl game win. He promised nothing.

We act like he needs to get our permission on anything that has to do with the team. I don't really care if he shaves or not, dips or not, over promises. If Scott wasn't the coach and you put an R on their helmets we wouldn't even have this discussion because everyone would be like yep that is about right.

Look at this team and the absolute mess it was, and the lack of depth we have. But because we are a bunch of over-entitled fans that we think he owes us an explanation for his team and that he didn't get our approval first makes me just shake my head. Maybe in August, he was proud of the guys he has, but everyone wants to know how could he pump sunshine. We are so desperate to be relevant again that we take the "we are better than last year", and that means we are playoff bound.

Everybody wants to know how we are better, here is the biggest area, Scott's team's don't quit on him. Pelini's team did and Riley's sure as the heck did multiple times, but not one time have I seen his two teams quit when they had every right too, especially at 0-6.

It's going to be a bumpy ride and there are no quick fixes. With all the youth we have coming, all I will say is once it's fixed we will all have fun again. <rant off>

All the talk is just that, talk. What has to be judged is what happens on the field, and that has not been good. Just need to figure out a way to beat Maryland this weekend on the road. I don’t expect that to be easy. Win that and then try to figure out a way to beat Iowa. Try to get some momentum going for the off season.
Unfortunately, this is the type of very winnable game that we almost always figure out a way to lose. Especially on the road. Hopefully things change on Saturday, but I will need to see it to believe it.

What exactly did he promise? I don't recall him promising a winning season, West Division Championship, B1G 10 Championship, bowl game or bowl game win. He promised nothing.

We act like he needs to get our permission on anything that has to do with the team. I don't really care if he shaves or not, dips or not, over promises. If Scott wasn't the coach and you put an R on their helmets we wouldn't even have this discussion because everyone would be like yep that is about right.

Look at this team and the absolute mess it was, and the lack of depth we have. But because we are a bunch of over-entitled fans that we think he owes us an explanation for his team and that he didn't get our approval first makes me just shake my head. Maybe in August, he was proud of the guys he has, but everyone wants to know how could he pump sunshine. We are so desperate to be relevant again that we take the "we are better than last year", and that means we are playoff bound.

Everybody wants to know how we are better, here is the biggest area, Scott's team's don't quit on him. Pelini's team did and Riley's sure as the heck did multiple times, but not one time have I seen his two teams quit when they had every right too, especially at 0-6.

It's going to be a bumpy ride and there are no quick fixes. With all the youth we have coming, all I will say is once it's fixed we will all have fun again. <rant off>

Your not even close to what I am talking about. Lets just leave it at that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back