• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Have we learned anything as fans.

Have we learned that you can’t just fire nine win coaches and expect better results. To all the fans that wanted pelini or solich fired i hope
You guys sit back and stop with the firing of winning coaches cause it’s cause of you guys we are such a mess as a program.

Yes....I have now learned that "I have THE POWER to fire coaches"!

BwaaaaaHaaaaaHaaaaa!

Yes....I have now learned that "I have THE POWER to fire coaches"!

BwaaaaaHaaaaaHaaaaa!

Image result for he-man i have the power

C

I disagree. Pelini’s attitude, etc got him fired. There’s a reason he’s still at YSU.
I don't think the program was in a good spot in 2014. It was stagnant. Year 7 in the Pelini era, year 4 in the big ten. Wisconsin was the measuring stick and the ncaa rushing record was broken on us. Wisconsin won the west and was then thumped 0-59 in the title game. I can see why someone would want to make a change. However I will never understand why that change was Mike Riley.

It would have been interesting if we would have hired Dan Mullen in 2014 and not Mike Riley.

It isn’t the firing of the 9 win coach that causes the problem it is who is hired to replace him. If you do it right like Minnesota (Claeys replaced with Fleck) or Ohio State (Cooper replaced with Tressel) then nobody complains about it. If you have FADSP or FADSE doing the hiring then your just screwed.

stop paying these guys like they have already done something. start with a more than decent base salary and then a bonus check for every win. say 1 million base and 500k after every win. wont be any more trick plays on the first and goal from the 3 yard line. pay the assistants the same way. the players get steak and lobster for wins and say bone soup for beat downs.

Yes and it’s the fans that got them fired is reason why we are such a mess as a program.
The fans didn't get them fired. SP fired Solich because of SP's ego and Pelini got fired because of SE's ego. The only way fans get a coach fired is with empty seats, and that hasn't happend in over 55 years.

Of course you do. You get enough fans like you and we end up firing a winning coach not once but twice. The powers to be listen to fans cause that where their money comes from. Get enough that support firing those people in the upper management will do as the fans wish cause at the end of
The day that’s what’s writing their paychecks.
The money comes from donors of significance. The closest fans come to contributing money is via TV revenue; lots and lots of B1G Network viewers are not Husker fans.

The money comes from donors of significance. The closest fans come to contributing money is via TV revenue; lots and lots of B1G Network viewers are not Husker fans.
So then talking about frost needing to fire a dc means nothing on here?

There's also a reason Solich is still at Ohio; he's not a cream of the crop coach.

Frank Solich is 75 years old. He was 60 when he took the job at Ohio. Lets say after 5 years at Ohio he started to look for a better job, who is going to hire him at 65 years old.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back