• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The roster flip

He would run bunch plays with them but he's too apathetic.

I have mostly ankle hi socks, but we all know to be really successful at this level of football with maximum effort and linguistic soup type of responses you need knee high socks in the appropriate colors to solidify your verbalistic approach to football footwear. Or something.

I have mostly ankle hi socks, but we all know to be really successful at this level of football with maximum effort and linguistic soup type of responses you need knee high socks in the appropriate colors to solidify your verbalistic approach to football footwear. Or something.

What kind of socks was Dwayne Haskins wearing last year when he was suspended for the Nebraska game? Should AM wear socks if he.moves to the Duck R position?

Apparently socks are all of our business these days.

What kind of socks was Dwayne Haskins wearing last year when he was suspended for the Nebraska game? Should AM wear socks if he.moves to the Duck R position?

Haskins was wearing his 'Overlooking Nebraska' socks provided by a wealthy OSU alum. As to Martinez wearing socks WHEN he moves to Duck R, I'm against it. He'll need all the speed he can muster to outrun Wan'Dale who'll want his $2.

He started 2 in 2018 and zero in 2019 per Huskers.com. I didn't try to go into "he didn't start but was important" because that was subjective. There were a ton of guys I didn't get to count for UCF that had really good seasons, but didn't list a start so I just did the cut off as "starts".
That's fair, though Mo's 2 should probably be in the count in the OP (not that it changes much). I just wonder how much of it is outside variables with players like Mo, LeGrone, and Hunt. All three put themselves out of contention. Mo was definitely going to play and likely start games. The other two were supposed to provide depth at least. Greg Bell was looking good...until he wasn't.

Maybe they didn't get the same moral/ethical level quality guys between the two places?

I actually did this exercise the other day...

Mike Hughes - Frost recruit
Trysten Hill - Frost recruit (rivals didn't show him as a commit, so i'm editing the OP with that)

Smith WR, Akins, TE, and Griffin brothers LB and DB all were not. Smith is probably our Spielman, Allen is making pro scouts drool, Jackson to your point is probably our Griffin, but we don't have an OLB like Griffin unless you count JoJo.

For me though, how are the Davis twins 300 pound four stars that can do backflips and get olympic trial qualifying marks in another sport not able to be developed if they can do it for Hill? How are all these WRs not having the same success their recruited WRs are? How is Martinez regressing and Milton finished 6th in Heisman voting? Just so many questions for me.

I do not want to break up the staff for recruiting reasons and because staff continuity is one of the hallmarks of "The Nebraska Way" that Scott is trying to bring back (and rightfully so, its critical to our long term success).

However, the slowness of development of success at DONU begs the issue of outside analysts to help Scott identify things that could be done better with the players on hand in addition to the recruiting efforts he and his staff are making for the December deadline.

Have you and your "friends" discussed this?
Do you think that AD Moos and Scott's staff have thought about getting analysts in here?

Thanks

GBR

That makes no sense to me, but then again neither does 'Twitter'.

I agree we need to win football games, but I would think it would be a fairly easy sell to try to get a kid bought in on the idea that they could be part of making a new history for Nebraska. You'd think it could be a fairly easy sell job.
I don't know.... it's like the "you can get on the field fast for us" because we are 4-8. The problem is, even Alabama sells that to recruits that are good enough.

I get it from the recruits side, i'm going where they are putting players in the league if that's my goal. I want to be developed.

That's fair, though Mo's 2 should probably be in the count in the OP (not that it changes much). I just wonder how much of it is outside variables with players like Mo, LeGrone, and Hunt. All three put themselves out of contention. Mo was definitely going to play and likely start games. The other two were supposed to provide depth at least. Greg Bell was looking good...until he wasn't.

Maybe they didn't get the same moral/ethical level quality guys between the two places?
Well, if I count UCF guys 2016 starts it will skew it even more in UCFs favor. Mo Washington was one of only two guys that started any games from 2018 class (2) and then Greg Bell (I think 4 games?) would move our total up 6. UCFs total was in the 20s from their 2016 class so it would widen the gap even further.

I didn't start getting into "well he was going to play but didn't" or other things like that because it could have been used for four stars at UCF like Cordarrian Richardson or Aaron Dowdell who ended up transferring out.

I do not want to break up the staff for recruiting reasons and because staff continuity is one of the hallmarks of "The Nebraska Way" that Scott is trying to bring back (and rightfully so, its critical to our long term success).

However, the slowness of development of success at DONU begs the issue of outside analysts to help Scott identify things that could be done better with the players on hand in addition to the recruiting efforts he and his staff are making for the December deadline.

Have you and your "friends" discussed this?
Do you think that AD Moos and Scott's staff have thought about getting analysts in here?

Thanks

GBR
Well, it's interesting. We tried that in 2016 and it got us firing Banker to bring in Diaco so that we could run a 3-4 which was more suited for the guys we have on the roster. Fast-forward to 2019 where we've been recruiting to that defense the past 4 recruiting cycles and we now have people saying "we need to move to the 4-3 we have people better suited for that."

We currently do have have analysts on our coaching staff. Up to others to decide if they are helping or hurting I suppose.

Well, if I count UCF guys 2016 starts it will skew it even more in UCFs favor. Mo Washington was one of only two guys that started any games from 2018 class (2) and then Greg Bell (I think 4 games?) would move our total up 6. UCFs total was in the 20s from their 2016 class so it would widen the gap even further.

I didn't start getting into "well he was going to play but didn't" or other things like that because it could have been used for four stars at UCF like Cordarrian Richardson or Aaron Dowdell who ended up transferring out.
Sorry, I misread the data there. I thought you were counting starts for both 2016/2017 and 2018/2019. It was just separated by classes. My bad.

The Big 10 has their dregs too. Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois in previous years, etc.

Sure, I agree. But the mid-section of the conference is thick and meaty. Kinda like a beer and cheese gut. Maybe we're in the right conference after all.

Joking aside, rank all the B1G teams on a scale of 1-to-10. You'll have a lot of 6-8s like NW, MSU, WI, MN, IA and usually Purdue or Indiana. That's basically a conference full of trap games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back