• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is there a context to the Cam Jurgens / Dave Rimington comparison or are there are claims made by coaches?

By who? I don't remember hearing that kind of praise and it didn't come out of my mouth.

Both Jaimes and Farniok are underperforming. That doesn't mean they should both be studs.
They were hyped a lot - especially Farniok - on the recruiting board. Called a potential Rimington? No. Significantly hyped, though.

They were hyped a lot - especially Farniok - on the recruiting board. Called a potential Rimington? No. Significantly hyped, though.

I guess I didn't hear it.

To be fair, Jurgens wasn't even an O Line recruit, so there is that.

I heard a lot about Rairdon and a bunch of guys who never played a down. Farniok and Jamies got a lot of hype last year as rising stars, but we're splitting hairs.

Bottom line, Jurgens is going to be as good as he wants to be.

I heard a lot about Rairdon and a bunch of guys who never played a down. Farniok and Jamies got a lot of hype last year as rising stars, but we're splitting hairs.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Jurgens' potential. A better way to phrase what I was getting at, would have been, "With my personal disappointment of Farniok's progress, I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Jurgens." And yes, One is a tackle, the other a center. But this line needs an all-conference caliber leader to emerge.
And yes, for Raridon, fan expectations were tremendously high when he was inked.

Last edited:

I would say Raridon and Farnoik were the most hyped in that class coming into their freshman years. Boe Wilson was almost an afterthought.

Raridon has done nothing, I guess for one thing he had a hard time putting on good weight. Sometimes guys don’t pan out. Think Jalen Barrett.

The bit problem is that for about 3 years they really only recruited guys that were probably better suited to playing guard. They are short on older tackles.

I would say Raridon and Farnoik were the most hyped in that class coming into their freshman years. Boe Wilson was almost an afterthought.

Raridon has done nothing, I guess for one thing he had a hard time putting on good weight. Sometimes guys don’t pan out. Think Jalen Barrett.

The bit problem is that for about 3 years they really only recruited guys that were probably better suited to playing guard. They are short on older tackles.

I'll agree they were hyped for their class. That's fair. Wilson has the grumpy I like, or at least did last year.

Yeah, between swings and misses on guys, guys not panning out, guys leaving the program, quitting the game, we've kid of had it all.

Absolutely need another solid class this year....followed by another....and another.

That Raridon that played in the last spring!? Oh, my.

Our own staff is unlikely to be ranking Jurgens in the top 3 of the OL. That already says the experiment was a failure. The kid did what he was asked. It cost games. It still isn't getting better and actually gets dramatically worse as the level of competition increases.

But, hey, some of you liked Riley.

Our own staff is unlikely to be ranking Jurgens in the top 3 of the OL. That already says the experiment was a failure. The kid did what he was asked. It cost games. It still isn't getting better and actually gets dramatically worse as the level of competition increases.

Ok, Rata Loca.

You'll have to ask people that actually have the data from our own coaches. But, hey, it doesn't fit your narrative.

Yep, I am on my phone and can’t get it to put an eye roll imogi on the screen.

I love how you can watch a game and know exactly what is going on and what is wrong.

That seals it:. Jurgens will be all-conference next year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back