• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale

I think the comparison to Barry is very valid in that they're both built low to the ground. Both are fast. Wandale may even be a step faster. Both can juke defenders. Both can catch and run.

Wandale is only a freshman, so you cant necessarily say he'll never be like Barry. He's got his whole career in front of him still, barring injury. I think it's a very fair early comparison. The rest will be determined.

Last edited:
He ran 40's between 4.21-4.37 (the latter being at the combine) between workouts and the combine. Robinson has reportedly run a 4.22 that was hand-held, but you have to keep in mind that Barry Sanders' 40-times were also hand-held, as even the NFL didn't institute electronically timed 40's until 1999.

So what was your point exactly about elite speed? It seems to me they're both in the elite category pertaining to speed, no?
No. I'm not wrong. Just one of many references here about the 4.37 -- https://www.profootballhof.com/news/hall-recall-barry-sanders/

The sub 4.3's were supposedly run in camps and other workouts. But that's heresay.

For the record Deion ran a 4.27 at the combine.

They both had elite speed but Deion had worls class speed..

So again, what was your point?
You said Barry ran 4.21 which was wrong. And from your own link, Barry did not run at the combine.
Barry decided to come out early but did not work out or run at the combine. Instead he showed off his wares at his Pro Day at Oklahoma State. In those days, the timing days weren't as well attended as they are now, so there must have been 20 or 25 teams represented.
Deion did run 4.21 at the combine. So you not only got it wrong, you skipped a chance to correct yourself. Now you caught yourself with your own link. Comical.

Wandale may be quick, but he gets taken down way too easy. He will need to become much more elusive or he will have a short career. We've had extremely fast guys come through the program before. Johnny Rodgers kid, Terry, was probably faster than Robinson. Keith 'Touchdown' Jones was also fast. One could take a hit and went on to a nice NFL career. The former didn't survive his college career and the run ended his redshirt sophomore year at 104 carries. Robinson is going to have a career much more like Terry than Keith at the current rate. And his performance up to this point has been largely for naught.

Last edited:

You said Barry ran 4.21 which was wrong. And from your own link, Barry did not run at the combine.

Deion did run 4.21 at the combine. So you not only got it wrong, you skipped a chance to correct yourself. Now you caught yourself with your own link. Comical.

Wandale may be quick, but he gets taken down way too easy. He will need to become much more elusive or he will have a short career. We've had extremely fast guys come through the program before. Johnny Rodgers kid, Terry, was probably faster than Robinson. Keith 'Touchdown' Jones was also fast. One could take a hit and went on to a nice NFL career. The former didn't survive his college career and the run ended his redshirt sophomore year at 104 carries. Robinson is going to have a career much more like Terry than Keith at the current rate. And his performance up to this point has been largely for naught.

No, he didn't say that. He said that Barry ran 40's from 4.21-4.37. You do know they get timed more than once in their careers, right? He was also correct when he specifically said that the 4.37 was at the combine BETWEEN WORKOUTS AND THE COMBINE. Everything he said was factually correct.

You should slow down and read more carefully and be sure to quote the entire statement and not cherry pick. Makes you look foolish.

In regards to Wandale....he's barely halfway through his freshman season. Relax. Players tend to get better the more they play. That's sorta how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sub 4.3's were supposedly run in camps and other workouts. But that's heresay.
Reading comprehension my friend. I clearly stated Barry's combine time was 4.37 + that other times under 4.3 were hearsay.

And you are also wrong about Deion Sanders but we're not talking about him in this conversation are we?

But I truly love how you move the goalposts after you're proven wrong that Wandale has the same elite speed that Barry Sanders had. Now he"s too easy to bring down. Meh.

Last edited:
No, he didn't say that. He said that Barry ran 40's from 4.21-4.37. You do know they get timed more than once in their careers, right? He was also correct when he specifically said that the 4.37 was at the combine BETWEEN WORKOUTS AND THE COMBINE. Everything he said was factually correct.
Now you're trying to hold up the house of cards. His claim was blatantly false. Maybe instead of slowing down, you should catch up to his own link.

Now you're trying to hold up the house of cards. His claim was blatantly false. Maybe instead of slowing down, you should catch up to his own link.
Are you always negative about everything or is it just Husker football?

LOL, doubling down on that turd claim Barry Sanders went to the combine.and ran. Your article:
Barry decided to come out early but did not work out or run at the combine. Instead he showed off his wares at his Pro Day at Oklahoma State. In those days, the timing days weren't as well attended as they are now, so there must have been 20 or 25 teams represented.

LOL, doubling down on that turd claim Barry Sanders went to the combine.and ran. Your article:
Sorry, I misspoke (Combine vs Pro Day). But it doesn't change the fact that that was his official 40 time. And it certainly doesn't change the turd you dropped by claiming he had Elite Speed and Wandale didn't. Keep deflecting and moving the goalposts Mister Rat. Some people can admit when they're wrong and others can't, and that's a sign of the type of person they are.

This whole back-and-forth started when you claimed wandale doesn't have Barry Sanders speed. You were proven wrong. Instead of admitting you were wrong you argued semantics to deflect and attack. And you wonder why nobody can have a conversation with you

Last edited:

Why is that so insane? Wandale is an extraordinary talent imo so you just keep believe what you want to believe. His HS records are off the charts and what we've already seen on the field as a true freshman is exceptional. Keep in mind Sanders didn't play much RB in high school because people like you said he was to small? :Lol: Obviously they were really great judges of football talent? NOT!

Bottom line the more Wandale plays the BETTER he will get and that includes at both WR and RB. No he's not a player for 30 carries a game (right now) but who knows in the future. No one knows including you just how good of player he will become given time and good coaching. In the open field I haven't seen anyone better this season and there's a long way to go before reaching his potential. So if you want to dismiss the comparison (only said elusiveness in the open field) be my guest.

Lets sit back and enjoy watching how good Wandale will become in future seasons.

FWIW yes I'm still a 100% onboard with HSCF and taking cheap shots at him helps nothing.

Wandale is a very talented player, no doubt. Making comparisons to probably the greatest running back in the history of the NFL when he has played half a season of college football in his freshman year? Premature at best. Let him gain more rushing yards than Ameer Abdullah before making comparisons to NFL legends.

Last edited:
Sorry, I misspoke (Combine vs Pro Day). But it doesn't change the fact that that was his official 40 time. And it certainly doesn't change the turd you dropped by claiming he had Elite Speed and Wandale didn't. Keep deflecting and moving the goalposts Mister Rat. Some people can admit when they're wrong and others can't, and that's a sign of the type of person they are.

This whole back-and-forth started when you claimed wandale doesn't have Barry Sanders speed. You were proven wrong. Instead of admitting you were wrong you argued semantics to deflect and attack. And you wonder why nobody can have a conversation with you
You misspoke and I went out of my way to allow corrections. But you doubled down and now you're backpedaling. Worse, you're trying to rewrite reality. All was fine until you started getting offensive.

The bolded part is pure delusion.

Last edited:

For the high majority of plays the 40 time doesn’t even matter. Barry was quicker and more elusive at the point of attack than what we’ve seen from Wandale. And before a certain grumpy retiree goes ballistic, there is no doubt Wandale is fast and a good player. But look around CFB there are a couple dozen who have the same type of speed. Are you going to compare them all to Barry? C’mon. Get real.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back