• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A solution for Coach Frost

Is he safe for at least two more years? Absolutely.

I think the ‘or else’ is that recruits will start to lose interest in time (right now he is still ‘hot’ but cooling), and that a lot of fans (and thus money) already have lost interest.
Based on the fact we are funding a new project, I'd say you are incorrect with the loss of interest and funding. Just because a few gas bags have suggested they aren't spending, doesn't mean there aren't plenty prepared to step into those shoes.

Based on the fact we are funding a new project, I'd say you are incorrect with the loss of interest and funding. Just because a few gas bags have suggested they aren't spending, doesn't mean there aren't plenty prepared to step into those shoes.
Have you noticed the availability of tickets?
If we go 4-8 again, we won’t sell out next year. That is lost money. Heck we’ve already reduced capacity to keep the sellouts alive, we’ve already lost money.

If he doesn't get it headed north, recruiting is going to suffer. How's that for an "or"?

Is that new facility paid for? If not, continued losing might make raising the money difficult.

Last edited:
Have you noticed the availability of tickets?
If we go 4-8 again, we won’t sell out next year. That is lost money. Heck we’ve already reduced capacity to keep the sellouts alive, we’ve already lost money.
We've heard that sorry line almost as much as Florida will be underwater in 2 years because of the ice caps melting. Stop sounding hysterical, if we worry about selling tickets we can always cut some of the costs. That's the complaint I hear far more than bad football.

Again, or else what? If it doesn't get moving "north" soon, then what? Besides an abundance of Fire the Staff threads, this guy is here for, hopefully, a long time. Maybe the stupids in our fanbase will drive him away but I hope not. So I guess we all need to calm the hell down and be patient.
Again. There is no or else. I still believe in him. I don’t think the losses are helping him. Especially the ones Nebraska should beat. When you start getting negative press, it just makes it even harder. Getting beat by 27 points to a pretty average Minnesota team doesn’t help the team. I still think he will get it going, but it’s really in his best interests to be winning some of these games.

USA Today read some Frost quotes before the season. None of which prove accurate at all so far.

I certainly get the frustration, but USA Today could likely find similar fall camp quotes from every coach of a struggling school. Not too many coaches are going to say, "we were pretty bad last year, haven't really made any improvements, so I expect more of the same."

The coach knows the players are reading and listening to what he says to the media. I certainly will forgive him for being "creative" with some truths he may have known deep down but didn't want to air publicly in order to try to continue building much needed confidence.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I still trust HCSF and his coaches and we need some stability in the coaching staff. They have to get talent in the trenches (and LB) as I don't see anyone on either line playing on Sundays- the elder Daniels is probably the most consistent and he's a transfer.

Again. There is no or else. I still believe in him. I don’t think the losses are helping him. Especially the ones Nebraska should beat. When you start getting negative press, it just makes it even harder. Getting beat by 27 points to a pretty average Minnesota team doesn’t help the team. I still think he will get it going, but it’s really in his best interests to be winning some of these games.

I think his best interests are making this program solid again.

Frost seems pretty passive on the sidelines and in the media..........this could be coming from the top.........or he is smart enough not to upset the apple cart and get through some of these players and find the ones that want to be football players........

Maybe he has been mandated to keep the ship upright and get through Reilly's mess and then implement.

We don't know what he has been told by higher ups......... I got to think he is a better coach than what we have seen.........his record at UCF was too good.

Three guys from the OSU game committed in spite of that game.
My suspicion is that, in time, we'll see some of our recruits will have committed BECAUSE of that game. I don't mean that getting blown out at home helps, but if you really want to see the character of the coaching staff that is recruiting you, THAT is the type of game that reveals it. Mature athletes will recognize and be attracted to a coaching staff that A) hates losing, and B) still treats players with love and respect even when getting embarrassed. I learned more about good coaching as an assistant on a team getting destroyed at halftime during a televised state championship game than I had watching that same staff win several other championships. Healthy, mature people can feel the difference, and they want to be around that kind of environment. That doesn't mean to be passive, and it certainly doesn't mean that losing is okay, or that mediocre effort is okay, but when a coach only likes his players when they're winning? It's not healthy, and it doesn't work in the long run.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back