• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Minnesota (10/12/19)

Hopefully after I get home later tonight, I see that we had a huge 2nd half and came back to win this turd. GO BIG RED!!!!

I agree but I’m not the one that keeps saying there needs to be time given for a culture change.

But surely you agree? Each coach we hired brought their own ideas of culture. This new coaching staff has been here for less than two seasons. Their clock didn’t start 15 years ago. You can change “climate” in an organization on day one. But changing “culture” is a longer process.

But I don’t think the problems we see on Saturday are because of culture. I’m watching the defense play their hearts out. The problem is we are installing yet another new system of defense and offense and that’s not easy. Defense is ahead of offense, I think, because the learning curve and skill set for Frost’s offense is higher and we don’t have the players to run it.

mills innthe doghouse? when did Washington become our physical back?

oh...another false start.

oh...and hixson just gets ABUSED. my god.
Who knows if he’s hurt or if he got a 1/2 game suspension. Unlikely he’s in the doghouse unless he was a fumbler in practice.

But surely you agree? Each coach we hired brought their own ideas of culture. This new coaching staff has been here for less than two seasons. Their clock didn’t start 15 years ago. You can change “climate” in an organization on day one. But changing “culture” is a longer process.

But I don’t think the problems we see on Saturday are because of culture. I’m watching the defense play their hearts out. The problem is we are installing yet another new system of defense and offense and that’s not easy. Defense is ahead of offense, I think, because the learning curve and skill set for Frost’s offense is higher and we don’t have the players to run it.

SO maybe after a few more years? Exciting.

I cannot. But I do think Frost has a plan and we need to be patient. Nobody wants to come coach in Lincoln so hopefully Frost can figure this out. Our roster is very thin and if you look at how Frost is changing the walk-on program, it’s going to take at least a few years to reap the benefits from that. We’re basically starting over from zero in some ways.

Thanks for that glimmer of hope. I’ll hang onto it the rest of the game

When is it fair to hold Frost accountable. October 2020? November 2021? Most say not this year. Team is terrible.

He inherited a dumpster fire, that is the reason he wanted a long term contract because he knew what he was getting into. I'm sure he is frustrated with the results, but unlike some Frost isn't a quitter. Give the guy some time, certainly more than two years.

For all of this, they are only ahead 14-0.

If:
We can get out of our own way on offense, we can score points and get back in this.
MN is known for turnovers, on a wet, cold night getting two in the second half is not impossible.

Miracles can happen tonight: I saw #22 make a tackle :).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back