• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Womens World Cup; Final: USA vs Neatherlands

Not sure I agree with the VAR penalty vs South Africa, was imo a bad call that basically handed Spain the match

I kept wondering when/if a card was coming, I felt like I was watching a match from 1980s soccer

Yeah it reminded me when George Best got the crap kicked out of him by central defenders (go watch the video or read the stories) and because he ws so good could still score. It was like watching Back to the Future in the World Cup.

The Chinese have little to no skill except defending and kicking, tackling etc.

Not sure I agree with the VAR penalty vs South Africa, was imo a bad call that basically handed Spain the match

I though the same thing. She went in after the ball and once the play was over her studs contacted the Spanish player. No intent what so ever. Have to say I was dumbfounded by that call but not surprised with the poor officiating at the World Cups especially in the women's game. You do not pick the best officials but take them from many countries so they are represented and its what you get.

I was not impressed with Spain despite all the pregame love for them. They will be exposed by the likes Of the USA, Germany, France ,England and Japan if they make it that far.

I though the same thing. She went in after the ball and once the play was over her studs contacted the Spanish player. No intent what so ever. Have to say I was dumbfounded by that call but not surprised with the poor officiating at the World Cups especially in the women's game. You do not pick the best officials but take them from many countries so they are represented and its what you get.

I was not impressed with Spain despite all the pregame love for them. They will be exposed by the likes Of the USA, Germany, France ,England and Japan if they make it that far.

The Spain player ran into the clearance. The defender was falling backwards off-balance, so the clearing leg/foot stayed up.

I think it was a bad call and the announcers seemed to be favoring up-and-coming Spain in their commentary.

Sunday games:

6:00 AM Central: Australia vs. Italy.
8:30 AM Central: Brazil vs. Jamaica
11:00 AM Central: England vs. Scotland.

I enjoy the way Australia plays and the fans are fun. The US played them in Winnipeg last cycle and we were in attendance. I think Australia's Sam Kerr is the best goal scorer in the world right now.

Brazil will reportedly be without Marta, formerly the top player in the world for many years. The venue will be great if they show the city of Grenoble and surrounding countryside at the foot of the Alps.

England should be able to beat Scotland; but, I'm sure there will be a bit of rivalry juice in addition to the 'normal' WC energy.

Sunday games:

6:00 AM Central: Australia vs. Italy.
8:30 AM Central: Brazil vs. Jamaica
11:00 AM Central: England vs. Scotland.

I enjoy the way Australia plays and the fans are fun. The US played them in Winnipeg last cycle and we were in attendance. I think Australia's Sam Kerr is the best goal scorer in the world right now.

Brazil will reportedly be without Marta, formerly the top player in the world for many years. The venue will be great if they show the city of Grenoble and surrounding countryside at the foot of the Alps.

England should be able to beat Scotland; but, I'm sure there will be a bit of rivalry juice in addition to the 'normal' WC energy.

England and Scotland dislike each other in everything. Always have and always will. Borders on hatred.

Oh and ENGLAND!

Last edited:
The Spain player ran into the clearance. The defender was falling backwards off-balance, so the clearing leg/foot stayed up.

I think it was a bad call and the announcers seemed to be favoring up-and-coming Spain in their commentary.

Yup and yup

Brazil dominating Jamaica up 1-0. Should be up at least 3-0. Could be 5-0.

Jamaica somehow has seemingly, 102 girls from the US on their squad.

Last edited:

Italy with a surprise upset of Australia with an goal in extra time. With Brazil also in this group, it'll be an interesting set of matches.

Scotland taking it to England which may be their best defense and give them a chance. Obvious England was not expecting it

England in the end will be to much but kudos to the Scots none the less

Good game 10 minutes in

PK on a handball and England leads 1-0

Tough call on that one however you have to keep your arm down

Last edited:

The women's game is getting better and better. For the USA to have a chance they are going to have to have their A game each and every match. Questions if they were good enough to begin with.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back