• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looking back at T-Mart

I'd bet the ranch

TintedPlushAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

Oklahoma st says hi
I remember him just picking them apart in that game. I can’t remember the specific years, but he worked on his motion and dialed things in for a while. Then all of the sudden it was back to the “shot put” technique. I think this was all post injury to so I always wondered what caused the backslide on his technique after the improvement...seemed odd.

Last edited:

I’ll never forget the first time I got to see him under center. I think it was at Washington and it was supposed to be the Jake Locker Show. Some obscure redshirt freshman for Nebraska turned it into a track meet. That was an electrifying performance.
Tmart was electrifying, but a bit of a one-trick pony. SDSU and UT shutting him down was very disappointing.

Also, I can't believe they (apparently) never made him run RB drills. He handled the FB very loosely when he ran with it, and therefore fumbled it, a lot. Also, he ran very straight up and down, going into contact.

Nebraska's home win vs. tOSU and Luke Fickell was on BTN yesterday. TM took some wicked shots and fumbled the ball OOB a few times.

But I was at KSU that Thursday night and watched him torch the Wildkittens. Oh, so sweet.
As brilliant as T-Mart was against KSU and Washington, I will always wonder how much having Helu as the RB helped him. Helu was a huge homerun threat with his speed. It wouldn't surprise me if those early teams were focusing more on Helu than worrying about T-Mart. Once teams caught on to T-Mart's weaknesses (predetermining his reads, poor reads, his running weaknesses, ball security and streaky passing...) he had a far tougher row to hoe... and then the injuries set in...

Not trying to beat up on T-Mart at all, but he was at times brilliant and other times a very incomplete player. Our coaching left a lot to be desired, also...

Last edited:

As brilliant as T-Mart was against KSU and Washington, I will always wonder how much having Helu as the RB helped him. Helu was a huge homerun threat with his speed. It wouldn't surprise me if those early teams were focusing more on Helu than worrying about T-Mart. Once teams caught on to T-Mart's weaknesses (predetermining his reads, poor reads, his running weaknesses, ball security and streaky passing...) he had a far tougher row to hoe... and then the injuries set in...

Not trying to beat up on T-Mart at all, but he was at times brilliant and other times a very incomplete player. Our coaching left a lot to be desired, also...

TM was the definition of feast or famine. I held my breath on every play, as it could be very good for DONU, or very bad.

FYI. I did look it up one time, TM led the NCAA in fumbles his rFR, rSO, and rJr years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back