• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ackos

Husker Fan
20 Year Member
Gone:
Palmer
Watson
Copeland
Allen
Borchardt

78% of our scoring
68% of assists
65% of minutes played
51% of our rebounds

Returning:
Roby (I hope :nod: ) Sr
Burke Sr
Akenten??? Jr
Thorir Jr
Costello So
Harris So
Davis So
Heiman So

Recruits:
???

Last edited:

Trueblood was at the press conference today. He can play next year. I think Borchardt could petition to play next year as well. I don't think they would be scholarship players, but...

Trueblood was at the press conference today. He can play next year. I think Borchardt could petition to play next year as well. I don't think they would be scholarship players, but...
Borchardt was at some autograph signing so I’m guessing he’s done.

Obviously, getting Jervay Green, Mika Adams-Wood, and Akol Arop to stay committed will be one of the first things. I am looking forward to seeing what Green can do with Hoiberg's offense. With that said, it will certainly be interesting to see who Hoiberg and his staff will get to Lincoln to fill the open spots. Something tells me that we are finally going to be seeing some BIGS on this team.

Status of the roster for fall 2019:

Seniors (1): Isaiah Roby
Juniors (4): Dachon Burke, Thorir Thorbjarnarson, Nana Akenten, Jervay Green*
Sophomores (2): Amir Harris, Brady Heiman, Justin Costello (WO)
Freshmen (3): Karrington Davis, Mika Adams-Woods*, Akol Arop*

* Not on campus yet
Leaving team: Glynn Watson, Isaac Copeland, James Palmer Jr., Tanner Borchardt, Thomas Allen

That leaves at least 3 scholarships open. I think Roby will return. I don't know if Nana Akenten will return (suspect not). Johnny Trueblood is considering returning in some capacity, but I would be surprised if he ends up on scholarship. I have no idea what Karrington Davis could contribute or if his injuries will let him - he was another Kenya Hunter recruit. There has been a rumor that Thor would go play professionally in Iceland.

There are a few guys that the previous staff offered that might fit in - 2019 HS SR PF/C David Skogman looks like he has potential to be a center in the big ten. C Emmanuel Ugboh from IWCC is another that already has an offer that looks like he has the body to be a Big Ten center.

I have no idea who the assistants already have a relationship with, I suspect that they have better options than the two I mentioned above. Getting 4 players at the last moment really sounds risky. A grad transfer or two would be ideal to balance the senior class a little.

There are a couple of players that could use a redshirt year (Brady Heiman, Akol Arop). There are football players who could help out, but I doubt that would happen. Would be fun if Austin Allen and Noah Vedral found their way over to Hendrcks.

So many questions on the roster, and you have to hope that Hoiberg can balance the desire to build a team around Roby and the need to build a foundation.

Of the group above, i'm wondering how Heiman fits the FH scheme.
He’s a snakey kind of player. He does what he does based on his all around game. Good footwork, good vision, good hands, a nice shooting touch. It may sound silly, but he’s the kind of guy I could see really working on shooting free 3 point range to increase his ability to be a hard matchup. If he could be a weapon in the pick and pop game, I could see a place for him. He’s not a plow horse, and more strength will improve his quickness.

He’s a snakey kind of player. He does what he does based on his all around game. Good footwork, good vision, good hands, a nice shooting touch. It may sound silly, but he’s the kind of guy I could see really working on shooting free 3 point range to increase his ability to be a hard matchup. If he could be a weapon in the pick and pop game, I could see a place for him. He’s not a plow horse, and more strength will improve his quickness.
He's already got a good 3 point shot, at least from watching him warm up. If he can get get some muscle on his frame, he should be able to defend in the post some and run on the break. I don't think he'll become an amazing rebounder. He's okay at blocking shots. Should have redshirted this year, maybe next year?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back