• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Missouri handed some big time punishment

Wow! 2-year postseason ban? I didn't know Missouri was under investigation. I figured they (along with Vandy) were among the few clean SEC programs.

I wonder how the two big-name transfer QBs (Bryant and Robinson) feel about going there now?

Here is a picture summarizing the sanctions which I put in the other thread I started. Mods please merge.

DyQVANyVsAAJYIY.jpg

Cliff notes of what Mizzou did wrong:

A former tutor was found to be doing classwork for 12 student athletes spanning football, baseball and softball.

A tutor doing coursework for 12 athletes hardly warrants a 2 year postseason ban, where do they come up with this crap.

A tutor doing coursework for 12 athletes hardly warrants a 2 year postseason ban, where do they come up with this crap.

Completed an entire course for one football player. Helped some with math placement exams. Serious fouls.

And obviously this wasn't her idea alone:

...During her interview with the university and the NCAA enforcement staff, the tutor reported the way in which she was assigned one particular student-athlete to tutor was changed, and an academic coordinator contacted her directly to let her know the student needed to pass a course to graduate. She continued that she felt pressure to make sure the student passed and resorted to completing the student-athlete's coursework, the committee said. The activity repeated itself with other academic coordinators and other student-athletes, so the tutor continued to complete varying degrees of academic work for student-athletes, according to the report...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ruiting-restrictions-for-academic-violations/

Last edited:

Completed an entire course for one football player. Helped some with math placement exams. Serious fouls.

And obviously this wasn't her idea alone:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ruiting-restrictions-for-academic-violations/

That certainly warrants some sort of punishment, by why do the athletes continue to get punished al a Penn St? It feels outdated at this point. Find out the culprits in the athletic office, as well the athletes that knew work was being done for them and punish THEM, NOT the rest of the student athletes.

That certainly warrants some sort of punishment, by why do the athletes continue to get punished al a Penn St? It feels outdated at this point. Find out the culprits in the athletic office, as well the athletes that knew work was being done for them and punish THEM, NOT the rest of the student athletes.

Because if there wasn't a loss of bowl/playoff games, schools would just pay the fines and replace the student advisers and faculty and repeat the process.
By the time the NCAA finds the offenses, the games have already been played. It's all about getting key (struggling)players through the classroom and onto the field.

The only way to make sure schools quit doing this crap is to keep them out of the money games. The un-involved athletes are simply a casualty of war. The guilt of unfair punishment is intended to help keep the coaches, faculty, and offending students from choosing the wrong path.

NCAA once again inconsistent. U of North Carolina's infractions were much worse and didn't get this type of punishment

Punishment is often based on how transparent the offending school is with the NCAA. NC may have been more helpful.
Not saying the NCAA is always consistent, because they aren't, but there are factors that we don't always see that affect the situation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back