• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Man, these Playoffs sure are exciting

D

Deleted member 328

I’m just so happy they have this super exciting system in place. And all these other bowl games that have such a dramatic affect and/or implications on the top 4 spots makes for fantastic January and December drama.

The referees took ND out of it early. They need to have a better referee system to keep homering out of the playoff system.

I didn't bother to watch the Alabama game. They have had nothing but gifts from the refs all season. I figured tonight would be no different.

Seems like more teams would be of little benefit.

A #8 seed would upset Bama on the road?
Same story with 7 seed and Clemson.

A playoff only favors the teams that come on strong, late (tOSU 4 yrs ago, Colorado 2001).

As an aside, when the hell is Sabin going to get hired away, or retire? Dayam.

I plum forgot about the bowls this year. No use starting to watch them now. Next year when NU is involved again is soon enough for me.

I didn’t get much enjoyment out of watching Clemson throttle Notre Dame. The outcome was never in doubt, really. The outcome was never in doubt in the other game either, but I did enjoy watching Kyler Murray try to Will Oklahoma back into the game. Special player.

The thing is, adding more teams just means more blowouts. A meaningful playoff system in cfb is impossible - especially with ESPN pimping the SEC and ACC (any coincidence that they are the majority partners in both conferences networks?).

I say blow it up and go back to the bowls with conference affiliations. Unless Nebraska is ever in the playoffs, I simply refuse to watch them. I DID watch the the other “meaningless” bowl games. For the most part they were all entertaining, intriguing and reasonably competitive.

The thing is, adding more teams just means more blowouts. A meaningful playoff system in cfb is impossible - especially with ESPN pimping the SEC and ACC (any coincidence that they are the majority partners in both conferences networks?).

I say blow it up and go back to the bowls with conference affiliations. Unless Nebraska is ever in the playoffs, I simply refuse to watch them. I DID watch the the other “meaningless” bowl games. For the most part they were all entertaining, intriguing and reasonably competitive.
ESPN won’t allow that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back