• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey

Well I think Noah becomes the back up to 2AM for this year. Then Luke becomes the emergency guy while redshirting. Pretty sure NV realizes he is a back up and will stay put. He was also a back up at UCF.

there was nothing about vedral's performance in his one game that makes me want him to be AM's backup. Given he knows frost offense his performance was horrific and his arm has zero zip.

If bunch leaves and there is no choice but for luke to step up otherwise we would lose every game vedral starts

Well this is the scary thing about bunch leaving. Yes we have Vedral but we are basically one injury away from being in poor position again like this year. From what everyone is saying, Luke might not be ready in year one. He's only played QB one year. WE are probably a year or two away from having any real depth at QB. AM better stay healthy.

Well this is the scary thing about bunch leaving. Yes we have Vedral but we are basically one injury away from being in poor position again like this year. From what everyone is saying, Luke might not be ready in year one. He's only played QB one year. WE are probably a year or two away from having any real depth at QB. AM better stay healthy.
Yes, if Bunch transfers, that leaves one less walk-on QB. This spring we will get to see some of the tools that Matt Masker brings to the table. And we could end up with another walk-on QB this year.

Keeping AM healthy is always best.

Last edited:

there was nothing about vedral's performance in his one game that makes me want him to be AM's backup. Given he knows frost offense his performance was horrific and his arm has zero zip.

If bunch leaves and there is no choice but for luke to step up otherwise we would lose every game vedral starts

giphy.gif

To me Bunch looked better than Vedral in the Spring Game and when he played this fall. Hopefully he stays. I’m thinking he’ll get a scholarship if he stays. Hope Scott offered that to him.

To me Bunch looked better than Vedral in the Spring Game and when he played this fall. Hopefully he stays. I’m thinking he’ll get a scholarship if he stays. Hope Scott offered that to him.

I was surprised by what we have seen from Vedral thus far. Not in the good way. I’m hoping Bunch sticks around.

Wrong.

How did Luke look in his one game?

Sounds like McCaffrey is coming to Nebraska to play QB. Lots of speculation he would be shifted to other positions but he's going to get a real chance to play QB for Nebraska imo. I wouldn't be quick to write McCaffrey off regardless of how good AM is next season. Might have an excellent back up in 2020 that will press AM for the starting job. Lets remember that Hurts at Bama went 24-2 and won a NC win yet was beat out by Tua Tagovailoa!

Bottom line it's great Nebraska is really starting to stock up on quality QB's....

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...453513e7-7d94-565d-bfd7-a629532948ac.amp.html
Hope he gets a chance to play. Otherwise, he will be gone, like Gibbia.

The young man better to be ready to mix it up right away. We are super thin and not overly good at back up. GBR

I was surprised by what we have seen from Vedral thus far. Not in the good way. I’m hoping Bunch sticks around.
Bunch has been passed over, he would be #3 at best. So he will be seeing if any Universities have a scholarship for him. Vedral was working with the scout team and got the call midway thru the season, and in the spring game who he was with and the playcalling skewed things a bit. He will be a great #2 QB while we wait for Smothers to get here.

Last edited:

After the starting QB, the backup QB is the most important player on the team, since no QB gets through an entire season any more without missing at least one game, or a major part of a game. And like it or not, everything runs through the QB in SF's offense. So I hope Bunch stays around, even though he may be number 3. I doubt LM could be ready.

After the starting QB, the backup QB is the most important player on the team, since no QB gets through an entire season any more without missing at least one game, or a major part of a game. And like it or not, everything runs through the QB in SF's offense. So I hope Bunch stays around, even though he may be number 3. I doubt LM could be ready.
They'll give him his 4 games I think, especially if we get some blowouts (they didn't do a very good job last year of getting some development on Saturdays). He will probably come in more talented than Vedral, but Vedral will have the playbook and processes over him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back