• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Frosts relationship with Knight ever take us to Nike?

Not a big fan of Nike since they gave Colin Kaepernick that ridiculous contract for nothing more than kneeling for our flag and our anthem. They lost me on that one, no matter how much money they are willing to pay.
Absolutely correct. I bought Nike shirts and shoes for decades, but I will not give them another dime. I just bought a new pair of Adidas shoes, and I really like them.

I know Frost has an amazing relationship with Nike’s Phil Knight, and after doing some research, saw that we aren’t even in the top 20 in apparel contracts.

I would think we would do better than what Adidas is giving us. Nebraska is a world wide brand, I’m down in Cancun this week and on at least 3 occasions have had bartenders and pool waiters tell me “Go Big Red” due to my attire.

Any thoughts on if/when we’ll ever see a switch?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...most-valuable-college-apparel-deals-2018/amp/

There's a link in that Forbes article to a source with actual figures that shows Nebraska at #5. It even mentions Nebraska's lucrative deal in the body of the story for comparison:
The deal [Washington's new one] is one of the 10 most valuable in college athletics — worth slightly more annually than the 11-year, $128-million deal Adidas gave Nebraska in 2017 — and makes the Huskies the premier program for Adidas on the West Coast.

Show 'em the money
Top collegiate apparel deals by total value

1. UCLA (Under Armour)

15 years, $280 million, $18.67 million/year

2. Ohio State (Nike)

15 years, $252 million, $16.8 million/year

3. Texas (Nike)

15 years, $250 million, $16.67 million/year

4. Louisville (Adidas)

10 years, $160 million, $16 million/year

5. Nebraska (Adidas)

11 years, $128 million, $11.6 million/year

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...gree-to-119-million-apparel-deal-with-adidas/

The Forbes article didn't have hard numbers, just one of those irritating click-through 20 pictures things. That Seattle Times story looks researched and I know at least Nebraska's numbers are definitely correct. I looked at Forbes story for 2017 as well and they still left Nebraska out. Doesn't look like Forbes got it right.

Last edited:
I want Nebraska to go Nike for entirely self-centered reasons. Nike's apparel is 1,000,000 times better than Adidas IMO. + Nike's online retailing is way better than adidis which would make it easier to find branded gear, and cheaper to buy branded gear. take a second to compare the nike online store to the Adidas online store. Nike just does a better job with fan apparel. i would love a switch to Nike

I want Nebraska to go Nike for entirely self-centered reasons. Nike's apparel is 1,000,000 times better than Adidas IMO. + Nike's online retailing is way better than adidis which would make it easier to find branded gear, and cheaper to buy branded gear. take a second to compare the nike online store to the Adidas online store. Nike just does a better job with fan apparel. i would love a switch to Nike
Forget the website, Adidas spends its money on players and their families.

Last edited:
Stupidest reason ever. Because you can buy stuff easier. If you can not find good inexpensive husker gear your lazy. Took me literally 5 seconds.
https://www.google.com/search?q=che....69i57j0l5.27240j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

IMO Nike does a better job of making branded gear available to fans
As I have stated many times. I bought my last Nike gear in 90s and will never buy it again. Even if they gave the Huskers a billion dollar contract. I would never buy any products from that garbage company. That child/slave labor, tax evading, company. Who either directly from Nike or indirectly through Phil knight sends 2-3 cents of every ill begotten dollar to Oregon will not see my money.

Forget all this nonsense about Nike and Adidies We need to sign with Vibram FiveFingers

031bd8bc-5934-4f12-b98e-ae57b5f3e70c.jpg

This topic tends to grind my gears. When I hear this question all my mind registers is, "why can't we be like everyone else?". I would say that Adidas is a brand that has and is continuing to grow. Gee why don't we join the Jordan brand craze? There really isn't a brand that would bother me outside of Under Armor. I don't have anything against them, I just don't care for their branding.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back