• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Desmond Bland to visit FSU

FSU's program is in shambles. Family is well connected there and all the fanspeak is frustrated at best. Taggert's chair is already a bit warm with little to cool it off. Doesn't seem like a place impact players go right now as they may not have bottomed out.

FSU's program is in shambles. Family is well connected there and all the fanspeak is frustrated at best. Taggert's chair is already a bit warm with little to cool it off. Doesn't seem like a place impact players go right now as they may not have bottomed out.
I think he has as much of a culture war there as Nebraska did. Over time I think Jimbo didn't do the program a whole lot of good. Lets see how A&M fairs in the next few years. I think Taggart is a very good coach and get them back on track, the question will be if the admin. lets him have that long.

Welcome to the Board.

I think he has as much of a culture war there as Nebraska did. Over time I think Jimbo didn't do the program a whole lot of good. Lets see how A&M fairs in the next few years. I think Taggart is a very good coach and get them back on track, the question will be if the admin. lets him have that long.

Not impressed with Taggart, but it is florida state, how difficult is it to coach there or recruit there? I don't think very difficult at all.

Agree. Its been one year at FSU. Anyone who thinks he has already failed must also want Chinander gone as well.

Not impressed with Taggart, but it is florida state, how difficult is it to coach there or recruit there? I don't think very difficult at all.

I'm not impressed by Taggart either. Seems like a really good recruiter but so-so coach. I do think Fisher left a mess and thinking of a change so quickly would be crazy on the part of FSU.

My wife is an Aggie so I adopted A&M as my second favorite team but I really couldn't get on board with Fisher. I really only watched the end of their game with LSU. Fisher will recruit well but I bet it still ends poorly....and before the end of the 10 year contract.

Last edited:

I agree with this. Something happened to sour Jimbo on FSU and the last 3 years or so he just wasn't the same. I think A&M has fired him up and also think Taggert can turn this around but not sure the fan base is going to buy in. Anyway, GO KNIGHTS!

FSU has had recruiting rankings between 3rd and 11th every year since at least 2013 (that's as far as I went back). Even if the culture there is in rough shape, FSU was in WAY better shape than NU when Frost took over.

Agree. Its been one year at FSU. Anyone who thinks he has already failed must also want Chinander gone as well.
What does any of this have to do with places to eat in Chadron? If really want this Bland kid to come to Nebraska, we have to get this thread back on topic.

So they had a really good Mexican place in Chadron for a while, called Angie's. They had a picture of Harrison Ford taken with the wait staff on the wall. He was flying cross-country and had to make an emergency landing at the Chadron airport. So he went to Angie's to eat.

I always wondered why Chewbacca wasn't in the photo with him. I suppose Chewy had to stay back at the airport to keep and eye on the Millennium Falcon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back