• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Penguinis

You absolutely know that FCS schools beating even crappy FBS schools is an accomplishment... let alone by more than 2 TDs... Same Colorado St team that had beaten Arkansas 2 weeks prior to meeting Illinois St...

Sure, a lower division team beating a crappy team from a higher division is an accomplishment. Butler should be proud that they beat YSU, despite YSU being a crappy FCS team (non-scholarship team that is Div1 in name only just so their basketball team is allowed to stay Div1).

Colorado State beat 2-10 Arkansas? Meh.

All this talk about how 4-7 in the MVC is like 10-1 in the NFC South, yet you still were convinced YSU would do much better this year. You don't have it in you to call Bo Pelini's coaching job this year as bad. Bo has underachieved. You said he's the best coach in the MVC, yet his teams do not reflect that.

Last edited:

So, you're saying the MVC is too good for Bo. Definitely appears that way after consecutive seasons with a non-winning conference record. I hope someday Bo finds a place where he fits. ;)

I have a sense you are in greater defense of Bo than the majority of YSU fans. Why?
You guys see a few posts by message board folks on the lone YSU forum there is and think "YtownChief" is the end be all with YSU fans... As I have stated before, I have friends in the conference and have my finger on the pulse of the MVC likely more than most on here... (save maybe huskonf4ever) and I know that folks around the conference are not of the opinion that Bo is in any danger of losing his job.

I absolutely expected them to have a winning record this year... nobody saw the fluke loss to Butler (it was like Nebraska nearly losing to McNeese bad). However I still believe that Bo will get YSU back into the playoffs next year... The NCAA is going to go the other way and take 4 or 5 (maybe even 6) from the MVC next year after they end up with a 3 of the 4 teams in the semis being from the MVC.

Bo had a rebuild team this year and I think his best coaching job is yet to come for the Penguins.

Sure, a lower division team beating a crappy team from a higher division is an accomplishment. Butler should be proud that they beat YSU, despite YSU being a crappy FCS team (non-scholarship team that is Div1 in name only just so their basketball team is allowed to stay Div1).

Colorado State beat 2-10 Arkansas? Meh.

All this talk about how 4-7 in the MVC is like 10-1 in the NFC South, yet you still were convinced YSU would do much better this year. You don't have it in you to call Bo Pelini's coaching job this year as bad. Bo has underachieved. You said he's the best coach in the MVC, yet his teams do not reflect that.
2-10 Arkansas lost by 7 to LSU, put 31 up on Alabama...again records are not always indicative of how good or bad a team is.

I do know YSU's Sagarin rating is currently better than 9 of the 24 teams that appeared in the FCS playoff bracket and another 3 that are within 1 pt of them (all in the 120s in ranking)... that is half the playoff field that they would be favored against or a basically a pick'em that are playing post season football...

You guys see a few posts by message board folks on the lone YSU forum there is and think "YtownChief" is the end be all with YSU fans... As I have stated before, I have friends in the conference and have my finger on the pulse of the MVC likely more than most on here... (save maybe huskonf4ever) and I know that folks around the conference are not of the opinion that Bo is in any danger of losing his job.

I absolutely expected them to have a winning record this year... nobody saw the fluke loss to Butler (it was like Nebraska nearly losing to McNeese bad). However I still believe that Bo will get YSU back into the playoffs next year... The NCAA is going to go the other way and take 4 or 5 (maybe even 6) from the MVC next year after they end up with a 3 of the 4 teams in the semis being from the MVC.

Bo had a rebuild team this year and I think his best coaching job is yet to come for the Penguins.

I actually don't think Bo is in danger of getting fired this offseason.

But I do think there is plenty of criticism beyond just message boards. Yes, year two was outstanding, but the other three seasons were all non-winning records within the MVC.

Last edited:

Without getting in the middle of this little spat, I hope Bo succeeds at YSU. I do think he is a good coach, but not sure all the other 'stuff' that goes along with being a Power 5 head coach is up his alley. If he can be successful where he is at right now, I think would be the best for him, if not I strongly feel he could be very successful as a DC at a power 5, but not anything about that.

2-10 Arkansas lost by 7 to LSU, put 31 up on Alabama...again records are not always indicative of how good or bad a team is.

Arkansas sucked. Your spin to make them anything but a bad team is hilarious. And for what? All to somehow make Bo look better for only losing by 7 to a 6-5 team that beat 3-9 CSU who beat 2-10 Arkansas? Comedy gold.

YSU finished 4-7. That's bad for what you labeled as the best coach in the MVC already multiple years into his tenure. Period.

UNI on to the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs... still think they are "middle of the road"? They play Cal Davis (#6 seed) this weekend... we will see how middle of the road they really are I guess...
And the year Riley beat Michigan St we were really a top 20 team. Good lord man.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back