• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CREIGHTON THREAD 2018-2019

Whoa...wouldnt have predicted winning that tourney. Beat #14 Clemson tonight behind 39 from alexander.

Very good possibility the ' Zags come to Omaha ranked #1 in the country next weekend. Wonder if Creighton has ever hosted a #1 ranked team

Busy weekend so I didn't get to say much about the clemson win.

It's still a little uncertain exactly how good Clemson is (I supposed that can be said of most teams right now) but they were ranked so they must be pretty good. They did beat Georgia in the Cayman tourney but Georgia turned around and got blown out by Ga St. so they are now 3-3 with wins over nobody.

Sometimes you ride the hot hand. That hand was Alexander against Clemson. 36 points on 9/16 shooting and 7/12 from 3. And a lot of the threes were deep threes...not quite Wragge-Bombs but NBA range for sure. The good news is it wasn't that he was hot and everyone else was cold. The rest of the team shot 55% but nobody else was hitting 3s. CU is showing some balance. In the first game they were led by Jefferson and Alexander. Game 2 Ballock led with 23 and 3 others in double figures.

Still too many turnovers. They averaged 15 for the 3 games. The assist numbers were up though as opposed to the first 3 games so that's a sign that the offense is flowing much better than before.

Pretty nasty stretch of games coming up. Montana is a 26 game winner from last year with 4 guys back. The Gonzaga, Nebraska and OU in the next few weeks.

Montana has some solid players, but I’d put my money on the Jays as I think they’re mentally ready for this next stretch. Zags, well, having them at home creates opportunity, but they looked so polished against Duke, it’s hard to imagine a win.

Montana has some solid players, but I’d put my money on the Jays as I think they’re mentally ready for this next stretch. Zags, well, having them at home creates opportunity, but they looked so polished against Duke, it’s hard to imagine a win.
They BETTER beat Montana. :) That said if you are montana there is no better time to make the trip to Omaha...creighton has to be feeling good about the caymen tourney and with Gonzaga coming in Saturday it would be the perfect time to have a "trap game".

CU hung with Gonzaga for a half on the road last year...may have led?...but Gonzaga absolutely bombed them in the second half. I don't have any delusions here...while not impossible I think it would be more likely to get waxed than win. With the Big East being down this year this should be the best team they will see all year. Good for the young dudes.

Read this morning that Gonzaga is a Jesuit school, who knew? Not that it makes a difference in anything, but I thought it was interesting...

Marquette, Xavier, Georgetown, etc. There's no shortage of hoops on the Jesuit campuses.

Last edited:

C'Mon Montana, beat those dirty blue birds. :Biggrin:
Yeah... didn't happen.

Nice win tonight. Montana isn't Gonzaga but they aren't Savannah St. either. #4 went nuts for the first 15 minutes and they Jays turnover penchant kept Montana in it but CU stomped them pretty good for the last 25 minutes.

10 turnovers in the first half....2 in the second. They have a tendency to turn it over a lot in the first half...that needs to stop starting Saturday.

A bunch of guys in double figures. Nobody really had an individually huge game. Kramplj had 17 which was nice but Montana's center was awful.

Cu was north of 60% from the field, 50% from 3 and 70% from the line. This was a game that they could have been looking past but they didnt and that's a good thing. They need to pile up wins when they have the upper hand.

On to Gonzaga...as far as I know the only #1 team to ever come to omaha. Tough task but they have a puncher's chance. It will be rockin....hopefully it's a 40 min game.

Yeah... didn't happen.

Nice win tonight. Montana isn't Gonzaga but they aren't Savannah St. either. #4 went nuts for the first 15 minutes and they Jays turnover penchant kept Montana in it but CU stomped them pretty good for the last 25 minutes.

10 turnovers in the first half....2 in the second. They have a tendency to turn it over a lot in the first half...that needs to stop starting Saturday.

A bunch of guys in double figures. Nobody really had an individually huge game. Kramplj had 17 which was nice but Montana's center was awful.

Cu was north of 60% from the field, 50% from 3 and 70% from the line. This was a game that they could have been looking past but they didnt and that's a good thing. They need to pile up wins when they have the upper hand.

On to Gonzaga...as far as I know the only #1 team to ever come to omaha. Tough task but they have a puncher's chance. It will be rockin....hopefully it's a 40 min game.
Yeah, I watched about half of the game. The lighting or the camera angles or something was off though and I just can't put my finger on what it was. The birds look pretty good when they play that.

Yeah... didn't happen.

I liked how the Jays stayed calm, even when they were seeing #4 drain every look he got. The turnovers were just sloppiness that they cleaned up, but that would have buried them against Gonzaga, so slow starts aren’t an option when they face the Zags. I was impressed their inside guys recognized the advantage and actually were aggressively trying to take advantage of it.

Yeah... didn't happen.

Bilsker, you need to be out in the appletini and wine hangouts filing people into their seats and telling them to root for the white and blue team. The Century Link Center needs to be rocking. Or CHI Center rather. Not only would it be a big win for Creighton, it would be a huge boost to Nebraska’s RPI and schedule strength.

Bilsker, you need to be out in the appletini and wine hangouts filing people into their seats and telling them to root for the white and blue team. The Century Link Center needs to be rocking. Or CHI Center rather. Not only would it be a big win for Creighton, it would be a huge boost to Nebraska’s RPI and schedule strength.

If I know anything about @bilsker, is that he is most definitely an Appletini kind of guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back