• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO running back Greg Bell leaves the team

Frost and staff need to make it very clear that they are in charge, and if any players are not happy with their position on the depth chart, they can either work to improve or leave. Need to shut down any players who foster disrespect for other players and coaches. One or two disgruntled players can be a real cancer to the program.​

Frost and staff need to make it very clear that they are in charge, and if any players are not happy with their position on the depth chart, they can either work to improve or leave. Need to shut down any players who foster disrespect for other players and coaches. One or two disgruntled players can be a real cancer to the program.​
I believe SF is slowly draining the swamp.... Not easy and takes time to get the type of players he wants. I think Bell did us a favor because if that was his that attitude he was part of the problem, not the solution. What the hell ever happened to players helping teammates even when they aren't the starter?

I believe those type of players are probably a vocal minority but they simply don't help this team.

Last edited:

A few nuggets from an ESPN.com article:

1. A new rule goes into effect on October 15. After that date, players no longer have to ask to be released from their scholarship. The good part of this rule is that it also bars schools from blocking transfers to specific schools.

2. A new proposed rule would require a two year scholarship commitment to a graduate transfer even if he only had 1 year of athletic eligibility remaining. Meaning, you'd have an empty scholarship the second year unless the kid managed to earn his graduate degree in just one year. Kind of like how NFL teams have "dead" money that counts against the salary cap long after a player is gone.

3. A new proposed rule would allow players enrolled in summer school to transfer and be immediately eligible if the head coach is fired (or in Bob Stoops case, retires) before the start of fall classes.

4. A new proposed rule would allow walkons to transfer and be immediately eligible.

5. A new proposed rule would prohibit transfers from competing for two schools in the same academic year.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-more-changes-college-football-transfer-rules

Last edited:
If he can’t cut it at Nebraska, it’s best for all if he leaves I guess. If he’s leaving because he got beat out by Ozigbo, then he isn’t the kind of player the Huskers need anyway.

I'm reminded of a line that Charlie Weiss used to use when he was trying to recruit kids to Kansas: "If you're not good enough to come in and start for us right away, then who the hell are you ever going to start for?"

Cleaning house on a guy you brought in less than a year ago may be more red flags than positives.

Been telling people we wouldn’t be able to get to 85 again, this isn’t the end.
The coaches said they were surprised at this so this doesn't sound like house cleaning. No one "cleans house" in the middle of the season.

I'm reminded of a line that Charlie Weiss used to use when he was trying to recruit kids to Kansas: "If you're not good enough to come in and start for us right away, then who the hell are you ever going to start for?"

In Bell's case, if he is not eligible to play until 2020 then in all likelihood it is no one ever again. Maybe McDonald's can utilize him to his fullest potential.

A few nuggets from an ESPN.com article:

1. A new rule goes into effect on October 15. After that date, players no longer have to ask to be released from their scholarship. The good part of this rule is that it also bars schools from blocking transfers to specific schools.

2. A new proposed rule would require a two year scholarship commitment to a graduate transfer even if he only had 1 year of athletic eligibility remaining. Meaning, you'd have an empty scholarship the second year unless the kid managed to earn his graduate degree in just one year. Kind of like how NFL teams have "dead" money that counts against the salary cap long after a player is gone.

3. A new proposed rule would allow players enrolled in summer school to transfer and be immediately eligible if the head coach is fired (or in Bob Stoops case, retires) before the start of fall classes.

4. A new proposed rule would allow walkons to transfer and be immediately eligible.

5. A new proposed rule would prohibit transfers from competing for two schools in the same academic year.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-more-changes-college-football-transfer-rules

Well, #5 sounds like a good rule.

How about publicly stating that Bell was feeling sorry for himself? There have been other questionable public statements about players.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back