• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** Fall Practice Primer

Watching AM do some things like pull away from a defender or other things involved with his athletic ability just look effortless. While a kid like TG has to put everything he has into the pass, it looks forced. Not a bad thing, I just think one guy is a bit more physically gifted than the other.

TG's passes may look forced but I do no think they are. I like TG's passing technique. It is very sound. Every QB has his own unique physical make-up. TG is a strong wiry kid. He has those quick twitch muscles that enable him to get his hip and shoulders around quickly and he has a quick arm as well. If a QB does not use his legs, hips and shoulders to launch his pass (only uses his arm) then I would say it is forced. But TG uses his legs, hips, and shoulders extremely well, so I do not view it as a forced passing stroke. The quickness of his passing stroke may make it look forced, but it really isn't, IMHO.

Although TG may not be as relaxed as AM when he throws, I think he is pretty darn relaxed. If he was not relaxed as a thrower, and was actually "forcing" his throws, he would not be able to be as accurate as he is.

AM's physicality is different. AM uses his legs, hips and shoulder just like TG, but for some reason his passing stroke looks like those of Montana and Brady...smooth and totally effortless. A lot of people do not realize it yet, but AM definitely has an NFL caliber arm.

For me, there is only one way to explain AM's effortless passing stroke. He is a natural...a QB prodigy.

I would even go so far as to say that AM's passing stroke is NU's SOAT

It is the Smoothest of All Time!

The future looks bright

:Hooray:

Last edited:
TG's passes may look forced but I do no think they are. I like TG's passing technique. It is very sound. Every QB has his own unique physical make-up. TG is a strong wiry kid. He has those quick twitch muscles that enable him to get his hip and shoulders around quickly and he has a quick arm as well. If a QB does not use his legs, hips and shoulders to launch his pass (only uses his arm) then I would say it is forced. But TG uses his legs hips and shoulders extremely well, so I do not view it a forced passing stroke.

AM's physicality is different. AM uses his legs, hips and shoulder just like TG, but for some reason his passing stroke looks those of Montana and Brady...smooth and totally effortless. A lot of people do not realize it yet, but AM definitely has an NFL caliber arm.

For me, there is only one way to explain AM's effortless passing stroke. He is a natural...a QB prodigy.

The future looks bright

And here I thought that *** had just been reading your stuff about AM to form his opinion. Obviously, he forgot to red your full opinion of TG before writing his primer.

So does anyone in the know think the BTN guys are just blowing smoke? Is the OL really looking like they are at that tier with PSU, UM, and MSU, trailing only OSU and Wisconsin? Do the Huskers actually look like the most talented team in the West? Could this be a pretty good year, despite the schedule?

TG's passes may look forced but I do no think they are. I like TG's passing technique. It is very sound. Every QB has his own unique physical make-up. TG is a strong wiry kid. He has those quick twitch muscles that enable him to get his hip and shoulders around quickly and he has a quick arm as well. If a QB does not use his legs, hips and shoulders to launch his pass (only uses his arm) then I would say it is forced. But TG uses his legs hips and shoulders extremely well, so I do not view it a forced passing stroke.

AM's physicality is different. AM uses his legs, hips and shoulder just like TG, but for some reason his passing stroke looks those of Montana and Brady...smooth and totally effortless. A lot of people do not realize it yet, but AM definitely has an NFL caliber arm.

The future looks bright

I'm surprised you have time to post here since the NFL preseason has already started

The future looks bright

Reading you try to sound like you know what you are talking about is flipping hilarious. Quick twitch...lol.

I'm surprised you have time to post here since the NFL preseason has already started

I don't watch the NFL. But interestingly, when Michigan's passing game coordinator was asked how he goes about choosing a new starting QB (Michigan is in the same situation as the Huskers) he said he wished college football had some pre-season games.

Last edited:

Reading you try to sound like you know what you are talking about is flipping hilarious. Quick twitch...lol.

Although I completely disagree with your perception, I am at least glad that you found some enjoyment in my analysis.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back