• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Couple not-so-enthusiastic outside opinions of the 2018 Huskers

Last thing to your point, I do remember one time everyone was super high on UTSA (I think that's who Larry Coker coached for) because they returned everyone. But they were coming off a losing season, so I didn't understand how magically that was a great indicator of them being good the following year. They returned a bunch of mediocre players.
This has always mystified me too. "So and so is returning with umpty-squat number of starters so they'll be experienced." Bad experience is almost worse than no experience.

Just like why we were supposed to be better with Tanner Lee last year, with our inside knowledge of him being a better fit?

New QB decreases expectations. New coordinator decreases expectations. New head coach decreases expectations.
Can't find a sports book in Vegas with a number for an O/U on win totals. Crazy how unknown we are all around.

I can't wait to see the looks on their collective faces when they are proven so wrong.

:nod: .... just wait until November. Two guys --- red faces

75276a.jpg

eWFMTu7.png

kGobzlE.png

HSqZxS6.png

Last edited:

If you told me, "Row 90, write up your worst case, curl-up-in-a-ball-and-whimper scenario," that first article would be pretty close. I might have thrown in a loss to CU or Troy to make it truly dismal.

I'm more reserved about the speed of the turnaround than some of you, and I still think that take was pretty sad.

Weak arguments by them, but not unlike some of ours. Nobody really knows until we play. That's part of the beauty of the game - it's unpredictable.

If it was truly predictable it would be math. And nobody fills stadiums to watch people do math. ;)
or science experiments :)

if riley was still here then sure. who cares. even the most negative on here knows

Like Frost has said . . . get the Huskers now, because we're only going to get better/stronger/faster/tougher.

I want to believe that we will win 9 games this season but there are too many "IFs" that will decide that. [I will be ecstatic if we win 9 games but it could be only 6.] If we don't have a break through in QB performance, or dominate offensive/defensive lines, [we must win in the trenches], if we have more take-aways on defense then we turnover on offense, if the team is "up" for every game, if special teams is a game changer, etc., we could win 9 games, if not then could be 6.....

No way in hell NU goes .500 and they will not lose to Purdue or NW. Bob Diaco, pick six Lee, and MR effectively fired with SE sealed a 4-8 season. Talent was not the issue. New staff for the players but not one coach is new to the staff. A staff that went 13-0 last year beating Auburn. Keeping the entire staff will be huge as they all knew exactly what to do and what is expected. I am in agreement with Bilsker, this year will turn some heads.

C

Did any of these so called experts predict a 2017 UCF season of 13-0? Well of course not because they only went 6-6 regular season in 2016 so how could they go undefeated? Ridicilous ... oh wait they did go undefeated. These same talking heads endlessly spewed how UCF didn't have chance against Auburn. How could they beat a team that beat 2 of the teams in the playoffs? Oops... wrong again!

Bottom line is these morons don't know anymore then we do here on this forum. As a matter of fact people here probably have a better understanding as to how poorly our team was coached last season.

Does anyone think all things being equal the current staff would have went 4-8 last season? I seriously doubt that would have happened. Our coaches last season started phoning it in about mid season. It went from bad to worse and what they did leading the team was shameful IMO. Anyone using last season as their baseline to predict our 2018 season is making a HUGE mistake IMO.

I hope teams on our schedule don't take Nebraska seriously because they do so at their peril...........

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back