• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maurice Washington Admitted as FULL QUALIFIER

Either careless reporting or Maurice is not sure when the test date is. The last 2017-18 ACT test date is actually July 14th. If he shows up on July 24th, he will be taking the test by himself. I hope that he has already registered since that deadline has already come and gone. Also, I am curious where he will take the test. Isn't he in California right now? The asterisk at the bottom of the page states that there are no test centers in California for the July 14th test date. While a score of 20 is not difficult to attain, I question that is the score he needs to become eligible given all of the academic troubles he has had. I really don't expect the NCAA Clearinghouse to clear him for the 2018 season, and if they do, that decision will not be made for some time.

https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/Test-Date-Schedule-National-2017-2018.pdf
I'm guessing sloppy reporting. Sounds like test scores will be available (online) July 24. I'm surprised there are no schools in California offering the exam on the 14th. Even Nebraska has some scheduled.

Last edited:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

"All he has to do now to make it to Nebraska, he said, is get a 20 on his ACT exam, which he is set to take July 24."

"Should Washington score a 20 or better on his ACT exam, he isn’t sure if he and Nebraska will have to apply for an academic waiver.

But if he gets the score he needs, he will head to Lincoln no matter what, Washington said."

I've never taken the ACT does anyone know how hard it is to get a 20 on it?
20 is roughly the national average I believe. It’s not a gimme by any stretch, but they offer so much prep now let’s hope he takes advantage.

20 is roughly the national average I believe. It’s not a gimme by any stretch, but they offer so much prep now let’s hope he takes advantage.

Two years ago when my youngest took her ACT and the average was 21. Of course 18 is the minimum but with that score your GPA has to be fairly high.

They have always offered prep if you can afford it pay for it.

Last edited:
Either careless reporting or Maurice is not sure when the test date is. The last 2017-18 ACT test date is actually July 14th. If he shows up on July 24th, he will be taking the test by himself. I hope that he has already registered since that deadline has already come and gone. Also, I am curious where he will take the test. Isn't he in California right now? The asterisk at the bottom of the page states that there are no test centers in California for the July 14th test date. While a score of 20 is not difficult to attain, I question that is the score he needs to become eligible given all of the academic troubles he has had. I really don't expect the NCAA Clearinghouse to clear him for the 2018 season, and if they do, that decision will not be made for some time.

https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/Test-Date-Schedule-National-2017-2018.pdf

Suspect that was a typo on the 24 July date.

Kid was in three high schools. In San Jose CA now. Seems liek a great kid from the video interview at the link below.

The four-star running back is in the final stages of making it to Lincoln, he told The World-Herald on Friday. After stops at three high schools, including a nine-month stint in Texas at Trinity Christian High, Washington has completed summer school and is graduating from Oak Grove High next week.

Washington committed to Nebraska on signing day in February. He spent his freshman and sophomore years at The King’s Academy in Sunnyvale, California, then transferred to Oak Grove, the public school near his house.

After transferring, he was ruled ineligible for his junior season because a governing body in California viewed his transfer as athletically motivated. Unable to play football, he moved in with his aunt in Texas and enrolled at Trinity Christian in Cedar Hill. Washington rushed for 1,253 yards and 10.2 yards per carry en route to a state title. He also played defensive back, linebacker, wide receiver and took some snaps at quarterback for Trinity.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_d6edf61b-e268-5bfe-85e8-a3f229831272.html

Two years ago when my youngest took her SAT and the average was 21. Of course 18 is the minimum but with that score your GPA has to be fairly high.

They have always offered prep if you can afford it pay for it.
Yeah, ours offers the prep free, but we’re private catholic. Didn’t consider that in Washington’s case.

Yeah, ours offers the prep free, but we’re private catholic. Didn’t consider that in Washington’s case.

I recall when I went to college you could buy the book (still can) to study which I did or pay a couple of hundred dollars for a prep class that from all accounts got very high results foe the test taker.

Our plan for him was to get him to where we could get him to Nebraska, and be on an academic redshirt for the 2018 season. I have a hard time believing he went above and beyond the plan to make himself eligible. Possibly though, the 20 ACT is something our staff didn't think was possible, and that is what is needed to become eligible. I'm guessing he still won't be eligible but is keeping his hopes up.

I suspect he took the ACT previously. If so, he would be striving for a personal best and something he didn't achieve previously. Although he did move around if I recall, so perhaps the ball was dropped somewhere. Every kid I know takes the test at least once, usually starting during their Junior year. I'm not sure if this is the case everywhere, but one of the tests is even administered during a school day and is mandatory for all Juniors. Regardless, I hope he has been getting some test prep help and is taking a lot of practice tests. Nothing prepares you better IMO than taking practice tests with time simulation.

Good luck Maurice.

The mother of on of my daughter's friends reviewed and edited every paper the child ever handed in both in high school and all the way through college. She desperately wanted her daughter to get into med school. She did.
How many people has she killed?

The problem with the 20 or 21 average is that it is for college bound students. He is probably not a prototypical college bound student. Given his struggles......for whatever reason.......it presents a challenge for him that I hope he can overcome

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back