• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 star OL Chris Akporoghene commits to Tennessee

I don't think we win this one personally, but Austin is making some ground up with a lot of kids.
I'm starting to really dislike Tennessee again. I do like that Austin is getting NU in the running with some talented OL though.

I'm starting to really dislike Tennessee again. I do like that Austin is getting NU in the running with some talented OL though.
I'm kind of surprised there's not a Nebraska kid on their radar for the OL right now. That used to be a place we could get someone every year in-state. Austin will take care of things.

I'm kind of surprised there's not a Nebraska kid on their radar for the OL right now. That used to be a place we could get someone every year in-state. Austin will take care of things.
That is surprising. Is it a down year for in state OL talent?

Someone needs to rearrange those letters and make it...DukeOregonNU'Tenn, then the

images

...it was funny for me anyway. GBR!!!

Last edited:
Wow. I had to read this a few times to understand that the references to Austin were not Austin, Texas. Rather they were for Greg Austin, the offensive line coach. Right? I thought it was odd that *** would be excited about a Texas resurgence.

I was trying to find a list of the highly ranked OL that we were sitting in good shape for but then got preoccupied yesterday. Glad you threw a few out.

I think they get a very nice developmental guy in Matthew Anderson on Friday. If they can get at least two of the three guys I mentioned, they'd be in a good spot...

On a side note, I read where Turner Corcoran is going to be at the FNL this Friday after visiting a month ago. That kid should probably be their #1 OL target for next year's class. Encouraging to see him making another trip so soon. That kid is going to be a consensus top 100 recruit. From Kansas - exactly the kind of kid Nebraska needs to get back to pulling every year.

I think they get a very nice developmental guy in Matthew Anderson on Friday. If they can get at least two of the three guys I mentioned, they'd be in a good spot...

On a side note, I read where Turner Corcoran is going to be at the FNL this Friday after visiting a month ago. That kid should probably be their #1 OL target for next year's class. Encouraging to see him making another trip so soon. That kid is going to be a consensus top 100 recruit. From Kansas - exactly the kind of kid Nebraska needs to get back to pulling every year.

Completely agree that TC fits the bill as a very high priority target. However, i do not think NU gets 2 of the OL you mentioned earlier. I'd actually be pretty excited with one.

Completely agree that TC fits the bill as a very high priority target. However, i do not think NU gets 2 of the OL you mentioned earlier. I'd actually be pretty excited with one.

To expand a bit on current and future o-line recruiting...

I dont think I am out of line by saying 2019 kids like Danielson Ike (Missouri) and Grant Treiber (South Dakota) should be regarded as some of the top priorities in the entire class.

It's so difficult to find and recruit top linemen, both offensive and defensive. Top guys are almost always national recruits, even moreso than other position groups. They are in demand more than any other position IMPO. Nobody has a better historic reputation with offensive linemen than Nebraska. Schools like Wisconsin and Stanford have taken that mantle recently, but Nebraska can still get it back. Having kids in their 250-500 mile radius that are border state kids even is a huge advantage. Location is and always will be the No. 1 factor for the majority of kids when it comes to recruiting. Husker fans should know this more than most. You guys make tons of top 5, top 8 etc. lists but more times than not lose out on a kid to a school closer to home. There have been several examples of kids who "all things being equal" would have chose Nebraska over another school, but Lincoln was just too far away. Kids and their parents like the idea of having family capable of attending (at least) their home games.

Kids like Corcoran (Kansas), Andrew Gentry and Reece Atteberry (Colorado) have to be at the top of their board for 2020. These are consensus four-star kids who will be some of the best linemen in the region and nationally as well. The staff has already gotten visit(s) from Corcoran and Atteberry.

This offense has already shown how attractive it is to position players. Wait until they get their offense clicking UCF-style in a year or two. Quarterbacks, tailbacks and receivers will be falling over themselves to play for Frost. It'll be just like it was when Kelly and Frost were at Oregon and getting an offer from the Ducks was one of the most coveted offers a kid could get. Getting skill position talent wont be a problem for this team. Getting the stud linemen is going to determine if they can consistently line up and beat teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin annually to take the next step from a 9-4 'Pelini' sort of ceiling team, to a team that wins 10, 11 a year and is playing the Buckeyes in Indianapolis with a shot at a playoff birth.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back