• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost not all in on UCF title

giphy.gif

"I declare UCF to be National Champions!"
...and Super Bowl Champions...and winners of the Stanley Cup!!!!

College football has always crowned mythical national champions. UCF's is no more mythical than most of Alabama's national championships.

Fair enough. I don't know for sure about that, but it's certainly possible
They did not play a schedule even in the same stratosphere as either of those I named, which is what they’d have to play in a power 5. Like I said, 1 game, yeah, they could probably beat anyone. A schedule full of those, week after week? No chance. They’d lose a few if not more. Depth and overall strength would catch up.

They did not play a schedule even in the same stratosphere as either of those I named, which is what they’d have to play in a power 5. Like I said, 1 game, yeah, they could probably beat anyone. A schedule full of those, week after week? No chance. They’d lose a few if not more. Depth and overall strength would catch up.
Last year that is likely. They were still barely a year into Frost's systems at the beginning of the season.

But if you let them start the season at the same level they were playing at by the end of last season, they could win any conference in the country.

And that's what we have to look forward to from now on, so quit arguing about it!

GBR!!!

All I can go by is what actually happened. And Bama lost a game, and should have lost two.

Last year that is likely. They were still barely a year into Frost's systems at the beginning of the season.

But if you let them start the season at the same level they were playing at by the end of last season, they could win any conference in the country.

And that's what we have to look forward to from now on, so quit arguing about it!

GBR!!!
Actually, they were kicking butt early in the year and were very fortunate to eek out wins in their last 3, where they were out-yarded each time.

GBR!!!
You're wrong. I'm not arguing about what NU has, so chill. UCF was NOT the National Champions.

You're wrong. I'm not arguing about what NU has, so chill. UCF was NOT the National Champions.
It was a fun topic for about 3 minutes. Any body in their right mind, knows that no amount of sugar coating this topic, UCF didn't "Win" the National Championship, and chances are really good, that they never will. Mythical or not, if you guys wanna insist that UCF won a natty, just remember to ad this little caveat, UCF's mythical natty, was a mythical, mythical NC.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ehind-ucfs-national-title-talk-had-he-stayed/

I like this. To me it shows he is not into moral victories. He will only settle for the real thing.

You nailed it.

There's no surprise here. If you're UCF's AD or fans you make this case. If you're Scott Frost you got bigger fish to fry.

Frost knows he's got a chance at the biggest fish, the real deal. He's not going to play games about something like this. When the highest caliber individuals who are also blessed with intellectual honesty and moral courage see a chance to go for the big prize, they don't sell out for specious claims.

Last edited:

No surprise here. If you're UCF's AD or fans you make this case. If you're Scott Frost you got bigger fish to fry.

Frost knows he's got a chance at the biggest fish, the real deal. He's not going to play games about something like this. When the highest caliber individuals who are also blessed with intellectual honesty and moral courage see a chance to go for the big prize, they don't sell out for specious claims.
DAYUM!!!! That was deep. Nice post.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back