• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 NIT...

That’s what the media does. The few brackets on Bracket Matrix that had us in were just a small sample size, something like 4 out of 100. There was never a good chance, I put it at like 15% and that was before some auto-bid steals. I probably would have had us at less than 5% heading into today and even that was probably too high.

The only people who were “duped” by the media were people who didn’t know anything about the process. I’m convinced that some of our local media don’t know much of anything either.

Actually, if you read Tim Miles' Twitter, he was all over the small sample favoring Nebraska.

Now, he's of course being the optimist. I get that. But there were a lot of people (fans, media, players, head coaches) buying into that.

I'm fine with you saying they don't know anything about the process, however. Idiots -- all of them.

Last edited:

Actually, if you read Tim Miles' Twitter, he was all over the small sample favoring Nebraska.

Now, he's of course being the optimist. I get that. But there were a lot of people (fans, media, players, head coaches) buying into that.

Tim Miles is a sabermetrics nerd. He knew we were cooked and he knew it would be damn hard after our non-con shook out the way it did. I’m certain he didn’t think we were going to get in today. He went to bat for his program as well he should have, but he knew.

Very disappointing not even getting a home game in the NIT. After the season ends in Starkville this week the powers that be need to take stock of the program. The current coach is incapable of beating Doug McDermott and taking this program to the next level.

I have a feeling NU will be real flat and lose game one. Sorry, JMO.
I was about to say something similar. I don't see Miles as a great motivator, and I can see this team, perhaps thinking that they were in, being disappointed and coming out completely flat in the first half of game one and just not being able to make the comeback in the 2nd.

I'm disappointed, not shocked by the decision, also, I am not very excited by the NIT. I will be happy if they win more than 2 games, otherwise, very disappointing. I hope our kids are up for it, and come out kicking ass and taking names. GBR!

I have a feeling NU will be real flat and lose game one. Sorry, JMO.

That's certainly a possibility and it may indeed turn out to be that way. I am sure the team feels like it should have made the big dance so some kind of letdown is probably unavoidable no matter what. With that said, I am hoping the HUSKERS respond as positively as they can and play one of their best games of the season to come away with a win.

I was about to say something similar. I don't see Miles as a great motivator, and I can see this team, perhaps thinking that they were in, being disappointed and coming out completely flat in the first half of game one and just not being able to make the comeback in the 2nd.

I'm disappointed, not shocked by the decision, also, I am not very excited by the NIT. I will be happy if they win more than 2 games, otherwise, very disappointing. I hope our kids are up for it, and come out kicking ass and taking names. GBR!
Your tune sure has changed.

Very disappointing not even getting a home game in the NIT. After the season ends in Starkville this week the powers that be need to take stock of the program. The current coach is incapable of beating Doug McDermott and taking this program to the next level.
Fire a 20+ win coach at a program that has never been anything in basketball. Sounds like a genius plan.:wow:

Your tune sure has changed.
Probably because I really wanted us to dance..... Once the games get underway, I'll most likely be feeling a little better about it. We won the NIT in '95 I believe, but I was really hoping, well, you know. To quote myself though, this is what I'm looking for....
I hope our kids are up for it, and come out kicking ass and taking names. GBR!

Also, I would, at this point, LOVE to see us make the NIT Championship game, especially if we could pull off the win.

Last edited:
Just go out and WIN the frickin NIT !!!!!!! How's that??? Play like you did this year, YEAR AFTER YEAR, and then, maybe you would get the benefit of the doubt...WHEN we needed a WIN, all year, we laid the egg, i.e. St Johns, UCF (NO offense Coach Frost), and Illinois are good examples !! Quit your whinin', go out and work harder, and then come back the next year and make it a NO DOUBTER !!!.. "If if and and's were pots and pans, the world would be a frickin kitchen".....You're only as good as your competition and you play UP or DOWN to that competition..

Nonsense. He had a good season. NU does not have the brand and getting rocked by Michigan did not help our cause. Miles is not going anywhere unless he makes the move himself. Damn, we had a great season.

It's been a pretty good season for the Huskers. I've enjoyed watching them the past few months and discussing their season with others. That has been a nice change of pace from the past with Husker basketball. That being said, it is frustrating that Nebraska got a 5 seed in the NIT. I thought they might get a little more respect than that, but I guess not.

There is no way Miles refuses an NIT bid. Nebraska is almost guaranteed a high seed and at least one home game. Carry on.
Well, how about that? Guarantee? There is no guarantee, when it comes to Nebraska!! We were screwd by the NIT, also! A 5 seed? 13-5 in the B10............and a 5 seed. Jackasses!!

A number five seed means that we aren’t even in the top 16 of the NIT? That’s laughable. We have to travel to play a team that didn’t even finish in the top half of their conference? There really has to be some explaining from Rasmussen and the other NCAA officials about this.
Rasmussen needs to explain how teams with a losing record in their conference, such as from the ACC and the SEC can get in to the NCAA and keep winning teams out? How do you let a team that has completely collapsed in the last six weeks like Oklahoma in?
Really looks like the whole thing is rigged.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back