• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bracketologist Erik Haslam: Nebraska is in

Oh yeah, I agree with you. They don’t deserve to be in, shafted was the wrong word to use.
Agree to agree :)

I got tired of watching how he could not make a difference in any game down the stretch. In fact, I became unimpressed with his taking too many shots, failing to make a fair/good % of them. Oh, and his defensive play??? :Thumbsdown:

LOL, their fans make them incredibly difficult to root for at times. It depends on the matchup, being a Big 12 guy, I’ll be rooting for K-State, but there are plenty of teams who I would gladly cheer on Creighton.

I live in Omaha and used to root for them and UNO. I'll still cheer for UNO except when they play NU but I'll never cheer for CU...even if they play OU/Texass. I won't cheer for those two either.

I live in Omaha and used to root for them and UNO. I'll still cheer for UNO except when they play NU but I'll never cheer for CU...even if they play OU/Texass. I won't cheer for those two either.

Oh...that’s ice cold!!!

It depends on their team. I try to catch 5 or 6 of their games because they are local. When they had Mo Watson on their team they were fun to watch. Doug, too. I like watching highly skilled players like that. It’s amazing though some of the comments I get when I got Husker basketball shirts on around town though. Annoying comments that yeah, make it difficult to like them at times.

All fan based other than your own are annoying of you have to hear it a lot. All.

But that’s the thing, a significant population of them are members of our fan base in every other sport. That’s why I don’t understand the hate, especially for a perennial basketball bottom feeder like Nebraska. But like I always maintain, I have zero animosity towards the actual Creighton basketball program. None whatsoever.

The loss @ Illinois was the beginning of the end. That was a really bad loss. Couple that with a very poor performance in the Big 10 tourney and it became clear we were not getting in. The only thing that bothers me is the many national pundits have said that if we would have beaten Kansas we would be in. That game came down to dumb luck in the end, and should not be a deciding factor...just my opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back