• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Burke High recruits (Hickman Setting Up OVs) Update: Visiting for the Colorado game

Seems like people are all in a tizzy regarding these two. Neither are Husker fans per se. We have a little advantage because of location. So, it is what it is. Like any top 250 player, there will be tons of teams fawning over these two. Recruit them like any other. Use location to our advantage. Seems like people are freaking out that they aren't N from the start (not on HMax but certainly around the webs).

I beg to differ. If he had been offered early he would've been a Husker. He seems like a high character guy who wouldn't back out of his prior commitment. But if he had a Husker offer, he never would've committed to wiscy.
He had a chance and he said no. If he wanted to be at Nebraska he would be. If the only reason he stuck with Wisconsin was because they offered first then he wasn't using his head when he chose his school. I doubt that was the case

Location.
Apparently not the biggest factor. Nobody else will get geographically closer to them than N. Therefore if location was the biggest factor they would be N by now. They are not from the area therefore they do not view N they way we do. Since they are not drinking the SF kool-aid right now then the only way we have a shot at them is if SF kicks butt in his first Big10 season then they might be interested... I.e. our only shot is if we impress them in the first season. Or they simply hate the GBR kumbaya around Omaha and want to just get away from it all. Maybe they think N are over hyped perennial losers but we are too doped up on the N pipe hype to realize that ... Which would suggest we are wasting out time with these 2.

Apparently not the biggest factor. Nobody else will get geographically closer to them than N. Therefore if location was the biggest factor they would be N by now. They are not from the area therefore they do not view N they way we do. Since they are not drinking the SF kool-aid right now then the only way we have a shot at them is if SF kicks butt in his first Big10 season then they might be interested... I.e. our only shot is if we impress them in the first season. Or they simply hate the GBR kumbaya around Omaha and want to just get away from it all. Maybe they think N are over hyped perennial losers but we are too doped up on the N pipe hype to realize that ... Which would suggest we are wasting out time with these 2.

Maybe they are just guys who have a ton of offers from top schools, have only had a relationship with SF & Co for a couple of months, and want to take their time to make the right decision for their future. None of that makes location any less important, given we are at a disadvantage from that standpoint 90+% of the time.

He had a chance and he said no. If he wanted to be at Nebraska he would be. If the only reason he stuck with Wisconsin was because they offered first then he wasn't using his head when he chose his school. I doubt that was the case
Riley made it clear he was not getting a Husker offer. So he COMMITTED (do I need to post the definition?) to Wisconsin. He's a man of his word.

Location is the biggest factor for recruits, we should celebrate when we have that advantage. Many recruits that take their decision all the way to signing day quote location and wanting to be close to home and family as a reason, so the fact they aren't committed has zero to do with anything right now. And that is just one of the many things you have wrong in what is a really weird post.

Last edited:
Riley made it clear he was not getting a Husker offer. So he COMMITTED (do I need to post the definition?) to Wisconsin. He's a man of his word.
Again, if the only reason he stuck with Wisconsin is because of the early offer then he chose Wisconsin for the wrong reasons. He should have chosen the school because he felt it was a better fit and or had a better relationship with their staff. He was offered by Frost and the NU staff and met with them. He ultimately stuck with Wisconsin. I'm sure his reasons were more than just honoring his commitment which is smart. By your logic, kids we flipped from other schools must be low character kids for not honoring their commitment.

Again, if the only reason he stuck with Wisconsin is because of the early offer then he chose Wisconsin for the wrong reasons. He should have chosen the school because he felt it was a better fit and or had a better relationship with their staff. He was offered by Frost and the NU staff and met with them. He ultimately stuck with Wisconsin. I'm sure his reasons were more than just honoring his commitment which is smart. By your logic, kids we flipped from other schools must be low character kids for not honoring their commitment.
You apparently don't understand how logic works. You're stating the inverse of what I said. The inverse of a conditional statement isn't automatically true.

And he didn't stick with them due to the offer, he stuck with them due to the COMMITMENT. Maybe I do need to post the definition?

Nebraska signed a lot (12) of kids who were "committed" to other schools at some point. Some chose Nebraska because there was a coaching change, some followed Frost, some liked Nebraska more than the school they were "committed" to at the time. Happens all the time. If those kids were of their word, Nebraska's class would have been much smaller. Do you fault guys like Miles Jones, Braxton Clark, Cam Taylor, Caleb Tannor, Cam'ron Jones, Adrian Martinez, Greg Bell, Andre Hunt, Justin McGriff, Katerian Legrone, CJ Smith or Deontai Williams for flipping to Nebraska, or decomitting at some point before signing with Nebraska?

Nebraska signed a lot (12) of kids who were "committed" to other schools at some point. Some chose Nebraska because there was a coaching change, some followed Frost, some liked Nebraska more than the school they were "committed" to at the time. Happens all the time. If those kids were of their word, Nebraska's class would have been much smaller. Do you fault guys like Miles Jones, Braxton Clark, Cam Taylor, Caleb Tannor, Cam'ron Jones, Adrian Martinez, Greg Bell, Andre Hunt, Justin McGriff, Katerian Legrone, CJ Smith or Deontai Williams for flipping to Nebraska, or decomitting at some point before signing with Nebraska?
You're trying to equate what I said with the inverse of what I said just like Mack. Logic doesn't work that way.

You apparently don't understand how logic works. You're stating the inverse of what I said. The inverse of a conditional statement isn't automatically true.

And he didn't stick with them due to the offer, he stuck with them due to the COMMITMENT. Maybe I do need to post the definition?
God. Can we give this Bryson Williams shtick a rest? The guy decided to play elsewhere. End of story.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back