• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebrasketball players considered boycott

I think a considered response is better than this blanket one. This Kleve jackass has the same rights as anyone else. The administration has to watch and be balanced: this is why they get paid. Hopefully the kids figure it out. Hate speech is protected speech to a point... don't know if Jackass has gotten to that point yet.

I think a considered response is better than this blanket one. This Kleve jackass has the same rights as anyone else. The administration has to watch and be balanced: this is why they get paid. Hopefully the kids figure it out. Hate speech is protected speech to a point... don't know if Jackass has gotten to that point yet.

Just hoping this doesn't spread to the other teams......... the consideration I mean.

Disappointing that they even considered it. I am sure this guy is a real POS. But as much of a POS as he is he has the right to think what he wants...as long as he isn't starting trouble. Regardless, who exactly would the players be punishing by boycotting?
I think the players were thinking that they wanted to make a statement - and then considered the question that you are asking and decided against a boycott. A lot of students are angry at the UNL Administration for not knee-jerk kicking this guy out of school. Hopefully it turns into an actual learning experience for everyone.

Last edited:

I think the players were thinking that they wanted to make a statement - and then considered the question that you are asking and decided against a boycott. A lot of students are angry at the UNL Administration for not knee-jerk kicking this guy out of school. Hopefully it turns into an actual learning experience for everyone.
As much as this kids views suck, he is protected by freedom of speech. If they kick him out of school, NU better be prepared for massive court fight!

As much as this kids views suck, he is protected by freedom of speech. If they kick him out of school, NU better be prepared for massive court fight!
I agree - didn't say the students are correct. The bottom-feeder in question may have broken the student code of conduct or some other act that would put him in a place where the rules could be safely exercised to remove him from school. Until that time he's a distraction and an annoyance. To some he's a security risk - threatening other's safety. Now you are into how much fear you let this person cause - and whether you let them win. I don't envy the administration today. Almost no one with be satisfied from here out.

Last edited:
I hear ya...I'm more disappointed in general that people, particularly on college campuses, can't deal with the fact that some people suck and some of those sucky people are going to be sitting right next to you. Admittedly, I don't know if this supposed Nazi has done anything that warrants getting kicked out. But if it's just espousing idiotic viewpoints then he has that right.

I bring it up all the time...when I was at UNL in the late 80s and early 90s there was a Jesus Freak that used to hang around the Union on occasion telling everyone they were going to hell, they were fornicators, etc. These days that guy would be beaten to a pulp if the University didn't get to him first and remove him. Back then people milled about just to hear what kind of crazy s--- he was going to say next or to mock him or just have a good laugh. Occasionally, someone would actually approach and debate him. It's unfortunate that people can't just walk away anymore.

Sorry to make a "hot topics" post. rant over.

Disappointing that they even considered it. I am sure this guy is a real POS. But as much of a POS as he is he has the right to think what he wants...as long as he isn't starting trouble. Regardless, who exactly would the players be punishing by boycotting?
Exactly. If anything, they would have empowered him.

Why can't people just blow these kind of individuals off?? They get all kinds of media coverage and that is why they do these things.

"People can"...but but activist Identity groups cannot...they build both their base and much of their self generating momentum directly off each other… almost symbiotic..... Protagonist to antagonist.

Of course the news media is there hoping to someone bleeds so that they have their B roll footage for the evening..... All very tidy… All 24/7… All at nausea

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back