• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Javontae Jean-Baptiste receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't be signing day at Nebraska without one of these
giphy.gif

Urban Meyer and Greg Schiano from Ohio State had an in-house with JJB on 2-1. Must have done a great sales job on the kid.

I can't blame anyone who wants to get coached by Larry Johnson, he is the best in the business.

Not good. Was afraid of this happening. Meyer must have done a great job explaining why they didn't want him last week but do now.

If we lose JJB, does that mean we made a mistake not taking Tago?

This is where coaches earn their money recruiting is not for the faint of heart. Few can survive this jungle. I have faith in Frost.

Some things to keep in mind.
  1. Ohio St is a good program and are always competing for top talent. No denying that fact.
  2. Frost & Co. have only been on the job for a couple of months and they sure as hell don't have that "aww shucks golly gee better luck next time" demeanor. They will go after the top talent; give them some time to get fully established and watch what this staff does with a full year to recruit.
  3. We should be ecstatic about this recruiting class regardless of what happens tomorrow. This class is being built with a coaching change at one of the worst possible times. I am extremely comfortable and somewhat surprised with the talent they're bringing in.
  4. It's nice to see Nebraska fighting for talent with the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio St, etc. as opposed to losing a prospect to N.E. Central Missouri State Basket Weaving for the Blind University.

Last edited:
  1. Ohio St is a good program and are always competing for top talent. No denying that fact.
  2. Frost & Co. have only been on the job for a couple of months and they sure as hell don't have that "aww shucks golly gee better luck next time" demeanor. They will go after the top talent; give them some time to get fully established and watch what this staff does with a full year to recruit.
  3. We should be ecstatic about this recruiting class regardless of what happens tomorrow. This class is being built with a coaching change at one of the worst possible times. I am extremely comfortable and somewhat surprised with the talent they're bringing in.
  4. It's nice to see Nebraska fighting for talent with the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio St, etc. as opposed to losing a prospect to N.E. Central Missouri State Basket Weaving for the Blind University.

Well those baskets don't weave themselves.....

Agree with 1-3. 4 never played well with the anti-Riley crowd so it will be interesting to see how it plays now. We’re still not out of it for JJB. It doesn’t look good but we never know with these things.

Hopefully with Greg Schiano leaving to be DC for the New England Patriots, JJB will think about the relationship he has built with Nebraska and swing back around. Going to be a crazy 24hrs.

Ohio State is well-established and NU is trying to get back on its feet. Not realistic for us to win many recruiting battles against them at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back