• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordy Returns

Does anyone really buy the "personal issues" thing? He wanted to transfer and probably realized he waited too long....so he is back. If I was his teammate I'd DEFINITELY question his committment for the long run.
You and I don’t know what is going on. Speculation is fine, but I know I am happy he is back. I will buy Jordy’s “personal issues” before I buy Maurice Watson’s issues.

Because he bailed on them and they lost a VERY winnable game by a bucket.

I don't buy that at all unless they already didn't like him. This team is feeling good now and I'm sure they area all in...all thinking every thing is glass half full. I feel there is a much better chance it makes them all closer and he is embraced even more. Of course the culture of the team and coaching will be a factor in that.

Jordy seems like a really great kid but I think he might lack a needed edge to his game and maybe even his life. Jordy needs to start taking charge of his own decisions.

I don't buy that at all unless they already didn't like him. This team is feeling good now and I'm sure they area all in...all thinking every thing is glass half full. I feel there is a much better chance it makes them all closer and he is embraced even more. Of course the culture of the team and coaching will be a factor in that.
If this team is feeling good about things after losing to a poor PSU team and needing a miracle to beat a truly awful illinois then the coaching and the culture are irreparably broken.

If this team is feeling good about things after losing to a poor PSU team and needing a miracle to beat a truly awful illinois then the coaching and the culture are irreparably broken.

This is the Miles enigma. Like it or not, Nebraska may be stuck with him for a few years. Barring complete collapse, he'll be back next year (how do you fire him with a senior laden team coming in). Next year sets up to be a marque year, nearly a lock for a NCAA bid. You can't fire him after that. Then the youth movement comes in, back to the bottom of the B1G as he as shown he can't coach a young team up. Miles is good for a competitive team every 3-4 years. Unfortunately, we are coming up on that cycle.

Well, I really hope Jordy is all “N” and sticks around for the rest of his career. I hope this just wasn’t a case where he finally figured it out he might as well play the rest of the season and then transfer. I tend to question some of these decisions until I remember that these student-athletes are still just young adults still trying to figure a lot of things out. Anyway, glad he is back.

This is the Miles enigma. Like it or not, Nebraska may be stuck with him for a few years. Barring complete collapse, he'll be back next year (how do you fire him with a senior laden team coming in). Next year sets up to be a marque year, nearly a lock for a NCAA bid. You can't fire him after that. Then the youth movement comes in, back to the bottom of the B1G as he as shown he can't coach a young team up. Miles is good for a competitive team every 3-4 years. Unfortunately, we are coming up on that cycle.
"Lock for the NCAA" Eh...believe that when I see it. I can't imagine the Big 10 will be as pitiful as it is this year.

Fully half of the Big 10 has an RPI over 100. That's incredible. Over 40% is over 125. The Big 10 is obviously usually a good conference. I wouldn't expect that to happen again any time soon.

I agree...there are some really solid pieces to the puzzle on this team. There are some really solid players on this team...watson, copeland, roby, taylor, gill....that line up shouldn't lose to PSU and shouldn't even be on the court the last 5 minutes of a game against Illinois. But Watson isn't even the player he was last year. And what are they going to do in the middle next year? Jordy? My money is he's gone...he just realized it was too late to transfer this year. Can you blame him? Name a center that has improved while at NU under Miles? If he goes are they going to continue with Roby in the middle? It's not impossible but Miles isn't creative enough to devise an offense that can take advantage of that situation. Brady Heiman at 6'10 and 200 lbs really needs a year to grow into that body unless he hits the Andro hard between now and november.

I know this is going to come off as pouncing on Miles when they hit a rough patch here. But I've been on the dump Miles train for a few years now. I get what you're saying. They will "improve" this year into an NIT team and appear to make progress. But it may well be fool's gold with the weakness of the conference and the really favorable schedule (luck has it that NU plays each of the top 5 teams only once). Why can't the football team get so fortunate?

Anyway, as always, it will be interesting to watch it unfold. THIS year is a prime opportunity because next year is an big unknown.

We have a legit shot at the NCAA. Also conference games are always a battle even going back to the Danny Nee days. No way to know how the season will unfold but there is clearly reason to more than just hope this ends in a 20 win season.

I think Nebraska will need 22 wins to dance. They would have to go 8-3 down the stretch and a win in the Big 10 tourney, putting them at 22-11 (12-6). Or perhaps 7-4 down the stretch with 2 wins in the Big 10 tourney, putting them at 22-12 (11-7). While it is certainly possible, I think it may be a little unrealistic. This is probably an NIT team that will have around 19/20 wins pre-NIT.

Moos will have a decision to make. Either he has to fire Miles or invest in him. No more half-measures.

Perhaps it is. I’m assuming you aren’t a fan of Creighton’s football program and that you gravitate towards the Nebraska football program. If that holds true, you know full well that poor leadership at the top of an athletic department trickles down faster than a Great Dane pissing on a snow bank. I think you would also agree that Moos has been quite impressive so far. Maybe the stars were alligned in the Frost sweepstakes, maybe not. I think we would all agree that Moos is a huge upgrade over Eichorst at the very least.

It will be interesting to see how Moos handles it. I believe that Eichorst undermined Miles and the basketball program on multiple occasions. Incompetence, not intentionally. Put it this way, I’m convinced that new leadership up top will help the basketball program a lot. If Moos decides to invest in Miles, I’m willing to bet that Miles would perform at a higher level than he has been. I’m not advocating one way or the other (and I won’t until the season is over), just making an observation.

Last edited:
The Eichorst excuse as it relates to Miles rings hollow to me.

Miles struggles to coach competent offense. You expect 5-8 minute dry spells pretty much every night. He can't seem to get a decent big on campus and the ones he does don't really amount to much and leave. Just too much stuff on the court that can't be blamed on the athletic director. Simply put...he is a mediocre coach.

It may be a hollow excuse, but I believe we can all agree there is a lot more confidence all the athletic programs, including basketball, are in better hands under Bill Moos than the former AD. What, if any, results we will see from this change in administration are yet to be determined.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back