• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley's contract and Husker buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe he had to find reasonable employment. He could have just retired.
I’ll accept that, but he didn’t retire. If he did we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Contract might read more like if seeking employment he needed his best efforts for reasonable compensation.

I wonder if there is more to this story, but why wait? Get him!

I would like to know more about the dichotomy of HE'S THE WORST COACH IN HISTORY WHO WOULD HIRE HIM and HE NEEDS TO GO GET A SIMILAR JOB TO WHAT HE HAD

No doubt he wakes up every morning and thinks to himself "How can I screw Nebraska today."

C

Since this was done in plain sight, people assuming that Riley is trying to "screw" Nebraska may not be realize that sometimes people with these kinds of contracts just go on with their lives and negotiate a reduced settlement or no payout or whatever. Or maybe Riley is taking this on a short term basis to help his former player and old school out.

Reaching the conclusion he's evil because of this is jumping the gun.

0279FE1D-90DB-4290-8733-394E929E2BA1.jpeg
No doubt he wakes up every morning and thinks to himself "How can I screw Nebraska today."

C

Like Riley strikes again. Nebraska tax payers (don't go on on tax payers are not on the hook) should sue him for the 200k difference. What a effing joke.

I am an attorney.
1. Once Riley was fired, he had an obligation to minimize the damages, so far as that was in his control.
2. That means look for another job and do not retire until the end of your Nebraska contract.
3. That means take another job at the going contract rate...which he did not.
4. Nebraska should either settle or sue for his Nebraska contract rate minus going rate for assistant coaches.
Nebraska can cut its losses about in half here.

Mike Riley was suppose to use his best efforts to obtain reasonable employment. I believe at the strictest definition that would be another head coaching job paying the same. Plan B, be paid the “goIng rate” for the job he could get hired for. So either Mike is not the nice guy that everyone says he is or we have found another job, (finding reasonable employment) that his best efforts don’t measure up.

Like all of Mister Nice Guy's best efforts this one also fell woefully short

Last edited:

I don’t fault Riley. He cut himself a fat hog at DONU with a few ass hats at the helm. That’s just an opportunist. Good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back