• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AP Coach of the Year

Scott will finally be the coach that returns us to the glory years. You have to thank Mike Riley for really screwing things up this year, because if Mike gets one more year Scott is coaching somewhere else for a long time. Hip Hip :Cheer2:

In a sad, twisted way you are exactly right. Had 2017 not been the absolute train wreck that it was, we might still be stuck with Riley and Scott might be coaching somewhere else for the next extended period of time. But thanking Riley & Co.?? :O O: ;)

In a sad, twisted way you are exactly right. Had 2017 not been the absolute train wreck that it was, we might still be stuck with Riley and Scott might be coaching somewhere else for the next extended period of time. But thanking Riley & Co.?? :O O: ;)

Just goes to show that there's a reason for everything... so things work out exactly as they're supposed to, AND when they're supposed to. Patience is a virtue!

:Gobigred:

Last edited:
All these accolades just hammer home how fortunate NU is that SF grew up in Nebraska and played for NU. Otherwise a guy with SF's resume probably doesn't even have Nebraska in his top 3.

Sidenote, UCF-Auburn will be a matchup of two AP CoY winners (as will Clemson-Alabama).

So true. It took several stars lining up at the perfect time to enable this to happen.

As another aside, how good does this make Bill Moos, Hank Bounds, and Ronnie Green look? Those folks reputations are built on positive events and artifacts from Nebraska students and employees. I would imagine they have a hard time paying for their own beverages around Lincoln these days. :Cheers:

He's a finalist... it will be awarded January 10. Here's to a clean sweep! :Cheers:

Wonder if a 4 for 4 sweep has happened before?

Next question is whether these awards effect expectations for Scott his first few seasons in Lincoln...

I'm getting kind of tired of this. I'm looking for something to criticize and I got nothin'. Turning the board into a group hug. ;)

I feel like the kid that just found the hidden Christmas presents... this is so cool!! GBR

Yep 4-8 never looked so good. Thanks FHCMR for living up to your capabilities!

Wonder if a 4 for 4 sweep has happened before?

Next question is whether these awards effect expectations for Scott his first few seasons in Lincoln...
I don't know about the sweep, but it's probably happened.

As for expectations, I think they SHOULD be high. We're Nebraska. Let's not let recent poor results change our outlook. It wasn't that long ago that 9-10 wins wasn't enough.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back