• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Preseason Rankings - Coaches Poll

#36 LINK

Oregon Ducks are unranked too (#34). And once again, Penn St is way overrated.

Buckeyes #2
Penn St #6
Michigan #9
Wiskey #10
----------------------
NW #35
Huskers #36 (23 votes)
Gophers #51
Birds #52
Terps and Spartans #57
How many times has NU beat Northwestern since we joined the Big 10? Yet every year, that pissant football program somehow finds itself equal to or ahead of NU in preseason polls and Big 10 standings predictions. It absolutely boggles my mind. Its as if the voters and writers completely forget how insignificant that team is every offseason. Dont even get me started on Wisconsin.

Yes, we beat NW but lose to teams like Illinois and Purdoo. So there's that. Winning consistently will take care of the crap rankings. It would be good to start that this year.

They will rank us higher if we win; they won't if we don't. It's not complicated. But polls in August make no sense I don't think they make much sense until teams have played at least four games.

Yes, we beat NW but lose to teams like Illinois and Purdoo. So there's that. Winning consistently will take care of the crap rankings. It would be good to start that this year.
come on man, not last year, we lost 3 games to perennial power houses because of poor QB play brought on by injuries. Even a healthy TA would have beaten Iowa, Wisky was a Toss up and OSU was just OSU being the bully. LOL. Our real trouble with Wisky is just bad luck.......:Banghead: Two years in a row.

Last edited:

And once again, Penn St is way overrated.

Once again? PSU wasn't even in the "others receiving votes" to start last season.

You may be right in 2017, but whenever I see someone claim this, I am curious as to why. On paper, they are no less loaded than 2016. (And I don't know what else to go by then this -- because 1890 to 2015 means little to nothing.) So, what makes you feel they will fall significantly?

Last edited:

#36 LINK

Oregon Ducks are unranked too (#34). And once again, Penn St is way overrated.

Buckeyes #2
Penn St #6
Michigan #9
Wiskey #10
----------------------
NW #35
Huskers #36 (23 votes)
Gophers #51
Birds #52
Terps and Spartans #57
Not a bad starting spot considering the last several seasons. Definitely room for improvement. Beat NW, beat Wisky and a real shot at top 20!

Where will they be ranked in January? Oh, that's right, no one knows so who cares where they're ranked now?
Come on, Suhp! Everybody cares where we're ranked. If we want to move up we need to be in a spot where that's possible!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back